[Retired Thread]

DASHER is an arcade game coming from VTES that will be exclusive to members of my Discord server. It didn’t really get a huge announcement because it’s just an arcade game.

Los Antemis Blues is still in the writing stages so we won’t be hearing from it for a while, and HAKK3R 2’s map is still being worked on, probably will be up until the very end of development. I don’t want to crunch, but I feel like I may need to, alongside delaying again. No official word on a changed release date, though

1 Like

PATCH NOTES FOR 17/3/21

FINISHED FEATURES:

• Shop complete
  • 100% bug free other than browser and flowlab errors that I won’t be able to resolve until I move the game to a new client, that being itch.io and possibly Newgrounds. This also means the exclusivity of the game will be damaged, which is fine by me. It’s not a huge hit.
  • Music system moved into a new sprite so that I could implement a pause system.
  • Two New Skins Added

Check-List:

• Add all remaining skins
  • Add DLC
  • Experiment with upgrades
  • Release!

:snake: ViperTeck Entertainment Studio A

How the heck would DLC work on a flowlab game?

god help me why am i up at 4 am

The original game won’t be accessible through any links, as I said here:

" until I move the game to a new client, that being itch.io and possibly Newgrounds. This also means the exclusivity of the game will be damaged, which is fine by me. It’s not a huge hit."

• so the DLC’s will actually be added on updates through copies of the game. I’ll release that (technically as a different game, but it’ll be connected to the original through links and hardwires) for a small price. The original game, however, will be 100% free with the option of donation.

UPDATE!

You can now flip through songs by pausing and unpausing the game. This is a benefit in the sense that you don’t need to listen to a song you don’t like, however, it’s also a handicap in the sense that it restarts the song, preventing you from getting a song bonus. This is intentional, as it encourages seeing how many creds (The In-Game Currency) you can get before you finally slip up somewhere - A trade-off.

Also, update on my earlier statement about pricing: I have decided that DLC will become a free update onto the original game, as it would be too small to charge for.

And another update: the game is fun

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Currently working on DASHER, and I’ve been pondering something for a bit now. In-game, as the developer, I can get around 50 coins (Excluding song bonuses) before dying.

Should I make the game harder, or easier?

• Harder!
  • It sounds good where it’s at.
  • Easier!

0 voters

(Poll closes this Sunday.)

Hello, everyone! Got another poll for y’all. I’m currently on the final stretch as far as progress in DASHER goes, and I want to know: How many skins do you want to be available in the base game?

• 10 Skins
  • 15 Skins
  • 20 Skins (Anything beyond this will probably result in a small delay.)
  • 25 Skins
  • 30 Skins
  • 35 Skins
  • 40 Skins

0 voters

Thanks for the feedback, recently, everyone!

Me going to sleep knowing I have hours upon hours of development work to do tomorrow because my game is supposed to release this Sunday:

https://youtu.be/hRBOnA0ak4w

God, I need to stop going to bed at midnight, my brain is falling apart

1 Like

We are on the final final stretch, everyone! DASHER will be 100% ready to go by the end of the day, and will release tomorrow at 9:00 PST! Thank you for all the support and feedback through the small development stage, it’s been great getting everyone’s thoughts.

1 Like

whoo! Is it releasing 9 a.m. or p.m.?

2 Likes

PM, sorry for not clarifying that earlier haha

1 Like

Is there gonna be any mobile controls?

1 Like

DASHER won’t be available for mobile, no

1 Like

There are currently 15 skins in DASHER.

The game will release with 20, and I will most likely add more as time goes on. (=

1 Like

Currently adding the final skins to DASHER. However, by the end of the day, I might not be able to bug check all of them, so to all of my Discord members! Please remember that you can report bugs in the #bug-reports channel!

In other news; the Itch.io and Newgrounds releases of DASHER are going to be delayed to maintain exclusivity to the game on Discord for a little while.

Thank you for the support, everyone!

3 Likes

When do you think you’ll release Dasher onto the other platforms (if at all)?

1 Like

All skins are done and ready to go…

The final step is to toy around with the difficulty a bit more and fix all bugs that aren’t caused by Flowlab being itself. hahaha

We see the finish line, and we’re all dehydrated after this crazy marathon. But it’s only a few metres away! 7 hours and 30 minutes until the game drops for all GTheiYT Discord Members! Make sure to join for the release!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it a bit more, I will probably release DASHER for Flowlab this Winter Season

1 Like

Ay nice! Also, jeeeeeze, that’s a skin library if I’ve ever seen one…

1 Like