Rigged Char & Advanced AI Example [AI COMPLETE]

This Example is almost near completion. This example is about giving bones to a character also none as rigging a character. There is no animations what so ever, the character has separate limbs that rotate based on the movement of the character. This Also works with the AI, the AI will wonder around jumping up slopes and over gaps. The AI chases you when you get too close and will go back to wondering when you not too close.

I tried keeping the organization neat and easy to follow through. If however you have any difficulties understanding it or have questions over how it works, please don’t hesitate ask me.

9 Likes

As of right when I posted this update I have fully rigged legs

4 Likes

Awesome! This could be used to create an effect similar to Paper Minecraft on Scratch.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much were I got the idea from although what inspired me was this video posted by TheBrickccetnric on YouTube

He said he based the game off of Flash games like Raze, which Raze 3 was one of my favorite flash games every, so I was like why not make some character movement to Raze 3 on flowlab. Although I couldn’t figure out how Ccentric’s code worked so I just went in blind, and so far it’s turning out great. Now I just need to work on the arms and head, as well as more movements with the limbs.

7 Likes

You could ask him how he did it

3 Likes

I looked through his code but it was all scrambled and hard to understand, as well as the last comment on that video was 3 weeks ago and no response. So he probably won’t respond to me for a while. Also if you look at the code in my game it’s all organized and easier to understand.

3 Likes

I also probably need to bundle some sections though.

4 Likes

His is just more complicated; yours is way simpler

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was trying to do is make it simple so every one can understand it. I also am bundling stuff and leaving notes on them so it says what the bundle’s use is.

3 Likes

Update: I just added arms and a head, the head and the front arm follow your mouse. The other arm follows the legs by swaying back and forth.

4 Likes

I’m now going to be adding an AI with the rigged character design.

4 Likes

Some people are surprisingly amazing

5 Likes

Yeah I know but you understand this is mostly towards people who are not that good at animations

6 Likes

Like me!!! (Thank you for doing this, btw. It’s really cool!)

5 Likes

Right now im working on the AI, the wondering movement is finished so he just wonders around randomly. I’m still working on the track movement were the AI will follow you. I need to connect the 2 so the AI will wonder until you get close then it will follow you, until you aren’t close any more he will go back to wondering around.

4 Likes

Oh ok

6 Likes

Your welcome and thank you for liking it :+1:

6 Likes

Oops glad you caught that error that could have led to confusion

6 Likes

Like me too! Thank you!

4 Likes

Well, I’m an active user on here, I just don’t post on the forums very often (or check my youtube very often either). I would be glad to answer any questions you have about my code; I know it’s messy but you look like you’ve figured it out pretty well already :slight_smile:

4 Likes