Save File Graphical User Interface

Hello,
I have a feature proposal that I believe would work incredibly well for the flowlab engine: the Save File UI. My proposal is that within the editor, there should be a button next to “Display Performance Metrics” titled “Display Save Values.” This would do two things:

1. Within the editor itself, it displays the values of the current device’s values and allows them to be edited. This would be extraordinarily useful for when you want to test if certain save states work within a game.

2. When the game is played with this toggled on, a pop-up would appear, quite similar to the performance metrics, which shows the save variables being updated and what they all currently hold.

If you have any suggestions, approval, or questions about this concept, please let me know! Thank you for considering,
Meburningslime.

12 Likes

This would be helpful

7 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of likes! Hopefully grazer will see this.

2 Likes

Keep this alive

1 Like

Yes, that would be very helpful. I can’t tell you how many times I had trouble trying to go back and forth between objects to see if my saves worked properly. However, what I will say is that if you are dealing with saves, globals are your best friend.

2 Likes