Saves for induvidual objects

I know people will say “Just name the object something, make a new save for each object and check if the name is right or just make a new object type for each” while yes these approaches do work it becomes incredibly inefficient if you have a lot of objects, this would be very useful for if, for example you were making a metroidvania and wanted to have blocks that permanently break after being attacked, or you were making a rougelike and wanted some way to be able to turn the game off and then being able to pick up where you left off after turning it back on, i really think this should be a feature

1 Like

I bet you could make a list of save states that correspond to a certain block then access the associated index in the list so that way you’re only using one save

3 Likes

wait that’s actually a great idea

2 Likes

Actually, the appropriate approach would be to extract the ID of the object by using an extractor. Then you can use a list to save the object ID for specific scenarios, like making a save list for those broken walls.

(Mostly what Recryptech said, I was just a tad late.)

2 Likes

yea, i still stand by my point that this would be a nice feature though

Then the amount of saves would be to the power of how many of those objects you have (saves^objects), which is really unnecessary. That takes a lot more space than a single save list in your browser cache.

1 Like

yea, could you possibly delete this post please?

I don’t have that power, but also deleting a post is a bad idea in general.
Other users may have the same idea or would like to chime in onto the topic.

2 Likes