Screen and object: shader effect behavior !!!

Hi, @grazer my name is R0CK. I am wondering could you add a shader affect behavior. To make it more fun and more polish also enjoyable to play. For example, Maybe you could add the shaders to the screen or in the objects. Or add the shaders to a selected level that the screen or object shader would spawn. Or you could select multiple levels for the screen shader or object shader effect to spawn. Maybe this shader behavior is only for paid accounts for example Indie, education, or studio.

For example these images

Just ignore the coding for the first few. Except for the screen.

Normale:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 15.59.11

Darker:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 15.59.34

Glitch: for example for GUI Label and alert.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 16.00.09

Curved screen:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 16.00.20

Old 90’s effect:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 16.25.35

Pixel shader for object(

Before:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 19.42.45

After:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 19.42.54

)

You can achieve basic versions of what you’re talking about using the UI layer. Make an object in the User Interface that covers up the entire screen, and give it a tint of what you’d like the colour to be. :+1:

This is a possibility, but anyone using it would have to understand (or learn) shader programming, which is not exactly trivial.

Does anyone else have a desire to be able to write shaders for their game?

I mean, it would be fun to play around with, especially in in-game scenarios like how the screen goes photo negative in a Sonic Mania cut-scene. In my case, it wouldn’t be useful in my currently existing games, but I can see lots of ideas coming with this sort of behavior.

I guess I’m just curious how much people would want to dive into the learning curve of how to write (and debug) shader code

I think it would be really cool!

im not tryna do allat lol

Sounds like a great idea, could help improve all of our coding knowledge even further.

I’d like that - possibly post some new tutorials for us noobs too lol

I would like to see it! If someone does figure the shader programming, we could make/find pre-made programs we could add to our games.

yes

Shades is something that I’ve wanted in Flowlab for quite some time now.

If we get this, I would be more than happy to learn how to write and create shader code. :slight_smile:

@PixelPizza @ManiacPumpkin @Ramshacklegamestudios @GalaxianGames, I agree. But adding this behavior would cost thousands of dollars or cash. So I am not sure if this is possible.

And if you’re wondering how I got these images. I just used some youtube video’s for an example, lol.

uhhhh… shader scripting. Count me in :slight_smile:

It would add a whole new level to Flowlabs functionality. And in the end … this is a learning environment and we have plenty helpful users.

P.S. and I don’t think it would cost thousands of dollars. Ok, a lot of grazers time to implement though. That is if one of the established libraries like three.js (WebGL) can be implemented. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Might require a general script block first to access the functions? wink @grazer :slight_smile:

@grazer there is something of relevance that I wanted to discuss with you, and it would be a solution to your problem.
Let games choose updates, like in MCJE! You could then supply us with plugins like shaders, so we could add in things such as shaders without alienating the less talented users.

I agree with what a lot of other people are saying, the more choices the better! I personally would love to spice up my games using shaders and such.

uhhh, or look at the PixiJS library examples:
https://pixijs.io/examples/#/mesh-and-shaders/shadertoy-mesh.js

Wrap it all in nodes (example from Blender) and you’re done.
S00830-13084354

Uffff… that would take ages to implement, one major task …
But one can dream :slight_smile: