'Shadow: Midnight Dash' Update Log

Shadow: Midnight Dash is a Sonic fan game where you play as the perfect life form himself in a 2d platformer. I’ll be updating the game regularly and adding more zones.

This is actually a game I’m proud of and would like to make better with each update so all feedback is appreciated. I can’t wait to see how far this game goes! Thank you.

Link: http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/971437

@Greggo Ill have to try it out sometime soon. But I imagine if you do good enough sega might endorse you.

They actually hired a few fans for their fan games, such as the one who worked on sonic mania.

As much as I would love for Sega to endorse me, I have a long way to go before that happens, lol.

dang this game is good

Oct. 15th | Small Update: I’ve made some levels a little longer and update sprites. I’m working on adding actual power-ups and a new zone, so look out for that.

Oct. 19th | Big Update: I’ve added more routes in the first two zones and have introduced the first POWER-UP!!! For now it’s only invisibility. I’ve hidden Power Up boxes in the first and third act of each zone. Their still a bit experimental, so any feedback is welcome as always. Enjoy!

Oct. 29th | Announcement: Shadow: Midnight Dash is going through some changes regarding the health system and a new feature I’m adding, so the game might not play right for now. It’ll be fixed soon. Thank you!

Nov. 3rd | Big Update: I’ve changed the health system so that when you have less than zero rings, you die. Every enemy/obstacle takes away 5 rings. Also I’ve added a point system in the game, so you can keep track of points. It doesn’t save your points or anything, it’s mainly there to make the game more like a sonic game. Finally I’ve added background music! I was having trouble with this in the beginning but I’ve finally been able to add background music to add depth to each zone, so enjoy!

Dec. 3 | Small Update: I’ve edited level layouts and have been working on the next zone. I’ve also made Shadow a bit slower.

2 things: 1 its a good game and it has great animations
2: it needs a jump animation and spring animation

1. there is a spring animation, it’s just very quick. I’ll change that though.
  2. Yeah, I know. I’ll try to find a way to make a smooth jumping animation.

Thanks @nkbulider