⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

Since it’s a dead topic, doesn’t mean it’s bad to, let people do what they want.

2 Likes

It’s not a good idea to comment on dead topics because doing so will push away active topics like this one, or topics that require attention (like bug reports or help requests).

The only time(s) I would see it as acceptable is if the topic could still be relevant currently, or if the creator is trying to bring it back. However, neither of those cases apply to the Robot Reboot discussion. I’m just showing the discussion in case anyone is curious about it, but I’m discouraging people from commenting on it because the topic is dead and no longer relevant.

4 Likes

Very nice, I like all the details you included! It makes it very easy to think of a place for them. I wasn’t sure on this idea, but I was planning on having enemies and bosses drop scraps and materials to be made into augments (think like charms from hollow knight) This would be a complex system to balance and work into the game, but seeing the character, I have the perfect vision of how this will work :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, perhaps that could be an idea. You can create charms that give you a certain boost (like letting you double jump, for example). I think one way they could be balanced is if those augments were consumed, so once it was used, you would have to make more.

But that’s just a thought. Can’t wait to see what you have in mind for Sami! :+1:

4 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea! It takes charms from hallow knight and combines them with something like potions from games like zelda! It makes materials constantly useful and sought after! Very good idea, I’m even more excited about it now. If you would like, I can layout my more specific plans later in dm when I’m more free (will be soon now)

4 Likes

Sure, I would like to hear your plans in DM! (though it might take me a while to see since it’s very late at night where I’m at)

3 Likes

Understandable, it’s a little late for me too but I’m a night owl. Feel free to respond in your own time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sami is such a great character, please do let them return.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of bringing them back via Dark Ninja, and also letting Recryptech make them a character in Shattering Steel.

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

You guys wanna hear a fun fact?

Fun Fact Here
You have to work for it :)
Beware of the knowledge you may find inside!
This is your last warning...
Good luck brave explorer.

They watch... - YouTube

3 Likes

I can’t import the sound into Flowlab.

2 Likes

Oops, have a link instead (:

3 Likes

Boy Kid GIF - Boy Kid Computer GIFs
Thanks! Interesting video.

3 Likes

Wish I still knew morse code

3 Likes

Foolish or grand, the victor is the one who shall decide, yes?

Here’s a submission for the “design a character” thing!
I tried to design it after an overhead projector, although I think I ended up just drawing one.
I gave it the name Ohp; which is just an abbreviation of “overhead projector”.
It isn’t too “anthropomorphic” so I tried to add arms that rest on its wheelchair since they don’t have legs, although they are a bit skinny. I wanted its face to be the thing that’s actually being projected, although you’d need a stand or something for the image to be projected on.
I’m not too good at doing backstories so I’ll leave it in the air, maybe it doesn’t have legs anymore because the lower part of their body was cut off or something, who knows.

Shattering Steel Submission

I’m excited to see the new stuff and for what’s to come to Shattering Steel in the future, best of wishes!

8 Likes

Cool! That’s a very nice design for a character, and really unique too! I’m also glad you were able to incorporate the old technology part, very cool!

As for the message, you have some words, but the meaning seems to have been lost too

6 Likes

New Piskel (37) (1)New Piskel (39) (1)
The retexturing for everything is getting close! Soon I can focus almost primarily on new content! As for now, here are the newest sprites for the toy soldier! I don’t normally post about tiny advances such as this, but I’m very pleased with how they turned out, so I thought I’d show them off.

8 Likes

Hey everyone, quick notice. I’m currently making some changes to the save behaviors for a future update, so there might be some weirdness to your saves after you come back to them or while you’re playing them. I’m aware that there may be problems, but I can’t know how exactly. Feel free to let me know if you experieince any bugs

5 Likes

Okay, the culimnation of all that save behavior editing is done! I hope everyone’s saves transferred over well, but like I said, the potential for bugs is really high (Not to mention I did this really late to avoid most people playing while I was working)

Introducing… SAVE FILES!!!

Have you ever wanted to play a new game without destroying all your progress that you’ve already done? Does your little sibling keep ruining the beautiful nanite-fan combo you built up? Are you curious how many minutes have gone into your playtime? Well good news, one of the first file systems in Flowlab is here!

For real though, this was a pain and made me realize my code is messier than I thought lol. I hope you guys like it, and any weirdness you see, be sure to let me know. I'd hate for someone to lose all their progress just cause a filter in file three wasn't set right!
14 Likes