⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

Mmmm the font combined with the orange liquid at the bottom reminds me of Gatorade mmm yummy electrolyte revengeance beverage, also nice art and thansnsks for the cool new menu design, its so wholesome

3 Likes

This visual update is truly incredible.
“Congratulations” is not enough! Really well done bro :clap:

11 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m still not quite done yet, but it’s already so much better than the jam version used to be. I’m excited for when I can finally just focus on making sprites with the new palette instead of going back to fix old ones!

(Not to mention playing with shadow effects and such really helps the atmosphere)

8 Likes

nanites carry hard but god does it become hard after wave 100 (enemies start becoming extremely tanky)

5 Likes

Very miniscule update, but I’ve added some credits! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the game so far, either directly or indirectly. Please let me know if I have missed you for some reason, or if there is something you would like regarding your mention in the credits.

Credits (Pings)

Game: Recryptech

Music: Mhx_Air

Additional characters: @John_Shrekinson @MetaNinja @glowbug

Camera Bundle: @Samuel_Tomé_PixelPizza

Advanced Ease: Samuel_PixelPizza @JR01

Feedback: @Galactian @Qwen John_Shrekinson @DeadlyGumChewer MetaNinja @chrisdakiller @HuckleBerry

12 Likes

Just added clickable profile pictures for these users that leads to their games pages. If any of the aforementioned users would like their link to go elsewhere, please let me know :+1:

9 Likes

Another tiny update for version 1.6.3.

Introducing action text!

Now when picking up cells, or damaging enemies, text will appear above those enemies/cells to indicate the action that’s happening! Nothing too game changing, but it’s now even more satisfying to pickup lines of cells, and the flamethrower has quickly become one of my favorite weapons to attack with

6 Likes

Can my link go to my channel? It’s called DaFightingNoob if you can’t find it, it’s the one with 80 subscribers.

3 Likes

ummm, you’re not on the credits? He’s only added people that help with music/code or suggested a character

6 Likes

For more transparency regarding current updates, I set up a Trello for anyone to look at if they would like to! This is also an invitation to suggest ideas, report bugs, or encourage existing ideas to see if people like them. While I can’t guarantee all requests to be added, I appreciate all the interaction with you all anyway!

10 Likes

Advanced settings options in my Flowlab game? Don’t be ridiculous! No one really needs those…

But yeah, there's a new settings page on the menu screen, hope it helps some of you all out!

A lot of the settings still aren’t done like the number slider ones… and the ones I need to make new HUD elements for… AND the defaults for these settings haven’t been set yet… AND AND I still need to update the in-game pause menu and such… buuut since Flowlab updates real-time, I thought you guys should know just in case the settings are weird for a little bit in the foreseeable future. Just be aware I’m working on them and they should be done sooner or later :+1:

9 Likes

Looks great! I like seeing settings in Flowlab games, makes it feel very polished, so seeing the amount of settings being added is crazy. Also, great UI design, very easy to read:D

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m no UX designer so this has taken some iteration lol. The new main menu and settings really help the game feel real though. Overall, I think I’m getting pretty close for someone outside of Flowlab to look at it and think it came from a traditional engine. I just need to keep moving forward with it.

More content is definitely in order for that to happen, but I want to make sure my baseline is solid before I go back to adding content

7 Likes

Are skins still being accepted?

3 Likes

What do you mean by skins? I’m willing to accept an NPC if you would like as I mentioned in this post. If you have something else in mind I may be willing to consider it too, though

5 Likes

I think they mean like cosmetic costumes that players can equip just to make themselves look more stylish.

4 Likes

I assumed so, I was just unsure since I never actually mentioned anything about skins myself iirc. It’s not a bad idea to add those, and I probably will for post game/side content, I just don’t want to focus too much on cosmetics rn when other areas of content are sorely needed. @Pixel_Name1 is still free to suggest what they had in mind regardless though :+1:

4 Likes

New small update! Updated some art (the bg needs thorough changes so it’s completely gone for now lol) and default settings are finally here! That’s not really what I wanted to talk about in this round of rare post appearances by me, however.

I actually would like to ask of your opinions on the current weapons and boots in the game. If any of you want to, I would love to see tier lists ranking the boots and/or weapons based on whichever you like the most. And of course, suggestions are always welcome too

(As reminder for what’s in the game)

Boots: Robotreads, monomotor, coiled legs, hover fan, thrusters, boom boots

Weapons: Chainsaw, triple charge, flametosser, crystal shot, caltrop launcher, nanites

7 Likes

Actually, here is a tierlist maker of all the items in the game so you can easily rank them and share the screen shot :+1:

6 Likes

Yo dawg, I heard you like customizing your game while in game, so I put more settings in the settings menu, so you can optimize and have fun without backing out into the menu

8 Likes