⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

also who is that ghost guy on the thumbnail?
and maybe add boss fight every 10-15 waves?

2 Likes

@Recryptech theres a bug were all the rats stack on top of eachother forming a ultra unkillable rat, or the rats a VERY VERY VERY VERY hard to kill

2 Likes

That’s unreleased lore shhh! Bosses are planned every 10 rounds as seen in the trello :+1: They take a lot of work so none of them are done yet lol.

As for the bug, I haven’t seen that before. The rats will follow you, so if you keep jumping around they’ll eventually group up and if you have a non piercing weapon, then it’ll be harder to kill, but I’ve never seen an influx of rats so big they are so hard to kill. Make sure you don’t have any challenges on!

1 Like

Set the trello as the solution so people can more easily find it. (I wish we could pin messages on discourse like we can on other things, but oh well)

2 Likes

Was just about to ask if the Trello link was posted.

I’m also using Trello for some of my projects and a team I’m going to be in and already I can tell it’s going to be super useful

3 Likes

I’ll actually set this one as the solution so it shows up in the links under the topic too (plus having it in full screen is much easier to see anyway)
Trello Here

5 Likes

Would you mind adding the link to your website into the post as well?

2 Likes

My website? The one for bits in review?

4 Likes

Cool, just added voting for cards in the trello, so if you like a particular feature, feel free to vote it up so I can tell what’s liked more than other stuff :+1:

4 Likes

How do you add voting in trello?

4 Likes

If you go to power ups in the top right, search for “voting” and add it like a chrome extension. Be sure to set it to public, not just members when you add it!

4 Likes

Yep! That’s the one. I think it would be easier to find if you added into the same post as the Trello.

4 Likes

That’s true, but this is also for shattering steel, not bits in review lol. I have a dedicated post for bits in review, I just haven’t been working on that for a little while since it’s hard to juggle game dev, game reviews, and life. It’s not that I don’t want to do the reviews, people really enjoy them, I just tend to find more fulfillment out of game dev

4 Likes

Sorry that Shattering Steel runs so poorly @117JOJO :rofl:
I’ve only been made aware recently by @CodeAlpaca, but tbh I didn’t even know it was a problem before that.
If anyone has issues with shattering steel’s fps and has the ability to see performance metrics, I would love to see what is causing the most lag on your systems. It really helps me narrow down what needs to be optimized more

3 Likes

I run it on Chromebook and it runs fine…

2 Likes

That’s pretty weird. It runs well on my computer, but I have an engineering laptop, so I would be a little upset if it didn’t. I’ll keep working on optimizations as I go, and if someone discovers a specific thing causing a lot of problems, just lmk

5 Likes

Or is it?

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t look too much into old sprites :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ok if you say so, I will.

1 Like

Up to you, but I’d really suggest looking at the updated sprite for that :+1:

1 Like