Should I stream making a game during the Summer Flowjam? 🎥

The question is in the title -

Should I Live Stream Making a Flowjam Game?

I’m thinking it might be fun to make a game along with everyone else (obviously not to be entered), and stream it on Twitch or something at the same time every day.

I could also answer questions or help people that are stuck during the jam. I’ve never tried to live stream anything, so I’m sure I’ll mess it up frequently & badly.

Anyway - if you think I should, and stream it on Twitch, then go follow the channel I created (so I’ll know how many people actually might want to watch it): Twitch

If you think Twitch is the wrong way to do it (not sure what would be better? FB Live? Insta? Some other zoomer nonsense?) lemme know in the thread.

20 Likes

If Twitch doesn’t work out then there’s always YouTube. By the way, what is flowlab’s Twitch profile picture supposed to be?

5 Likes

Yeah, I could use YouTube instead - I was just thinking that Twitch might be easier to use for streaming. I dunno, I haven’t tried it on either one.

Mostly I just want to get a feel for how many people would be interested in showing up. I’ve been kind of thinking of it as “Flowjam Office Hours” too, maybe. Kind of a place for people to ask for help if they’re having trouble or have questions.

5 Likes

I think on YouTube you need a certain amount of subscribers to live stream unless you’re on PC. I think Twitch is fine, but I believe that most people are more familiar with YouTube.

Personally, I would be interested in showing up on either platform, as long as I don’t forget.

2 Likes

OK, cool. Just a reminder:

go follow the channel I created (so I’ll know how many people actually might want to watch it): Twitch

If nobody is following the channel when the Summer Flowjam starts, I probably won’t start streaming.

1 Like

Oh no. The summer flowjam starts on the 12th, right?

1 Like

This is a great idea! All for it - it’d also help get attention to Flowjam, and ultimately - Flowlab

2 Likes

Yeah: July 12- July 26

2 Likes

Alright. Thanks for the clarification!

Nice, I’ll be there.
I might stream too heh

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to check it out if you start streaming :+1:

2 Likes

I would love to watch dont feel like digging up my twitch password

2 Likes

That would be awesome! And it can help us take notes to improve our game development. I’d love learn from the man himself!

3 Likes

GRAZER + STREAM = YES. That would be amazing, and I would watch every second, although I hope it’s interesting.

4 Likes

No promises. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: I would still come, prob not as long, maybe in the background while also working on mine maybe. Who knows.

2 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll follow the twitch channel.

1 Like

I already followed :wink:

1 Like

I would definitely follow a YouTube stream! Sounds cool.

2 Likes

Yeah I only have YouTube and after hearing many stories of twitch users I might just stick to YouTube, lol.

1 Like