Smooth Camera Help

I’ve implemented a smooth camera into a game I’m working on and I used the example @grazer made. However, I have two questions about it.

1. How can I make the camera also follow the player vertically using the same method?

2. The player is close to the right edge of the screen. Is there a way to keep him closer to the left edge so players can see what’s up ahead better?

I’m hoping I won’t need to send a link to the game since it’s using the exact same code as the camera example and I don’t want to show the game yet :sweat_smile:

I can help with the first part, not sure about the second part. In my Flowjam entry, I added the vertical movement to the smooth camera movement.

@AbstractGallery I copied your camera behaviors but it still doesn’t work for me. Is there another object or physics adjustment that I’m forgetting?

Did you have is extracted to your player object? Is there any other object with a camera? If so you have to delete it.

I have it extracting my player’s y and it’s the only object with the camera behavior on it. I’m not sure what’s wrong.

Sorry but can I get a link?

Go ahead and take a look: link has been removed

If and when I figure this out I’ll just delete the link

2 Likes

Alright, the problem was that the camera was set to be affected by gravity, that was all, you can delete the link now.

Boy do I feel dumb :joy: :sob:

Thank you so much for your help and let’s never speak of this again!

1 Like

Well, good luck with your project!

1 Like