Some Bugs / Stupid features

1. Why can’t you change forward direction unless an object is movable? Rotation matters too!
  2. Attempting to alter materials never works right, sometimes the object will start with the changed material before it collides with a specific object.
  3. Why can’t you lock gui to a place? It would make menus thousands of times easier to make for people without infinite levels.
4 Likes

I mean you can…

1. Click on the text while in the object placer and drag it
  2. Use numbers for position
1 Like

I think they mean in the game world coords

1 Like
  1. I think with the introduction to kinematic objects, I think direction should always be unlocked too.
  2. Materials change to what you input into the behavior, to not change the material, don’t input into it.
  • Also I think materials go by %, where 100% is the set value in the object settings.
  1. I really don’t get what you mean by locked gui, what part of the gui do you mean (objects or editor)?
1 Like

I mean if I wanted a play button to take you to another part of the level which picks a difficulty, the other gui’s wouldn’t stay in place, they’d move with.

1 Like

I still really don’t understand what you mean…
If you make a play button in the UI layer, it will always stay on screen no matter where the player moves.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean, I’d like to change the position of the camera so you can see the other gui buttons without the play one moving along with the camera.

1 Like

Make the play button in the User Interface Layer… then make the other buttons in the Game Layer so they can be seen when moving the camera.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try it out now.

1 Like

I started making menu buttons on the game layer so if you click play, they slide away to reveal more selections or something. That way the camera doesn’t attract them as well. You could also do it UI, but when you press play, it needs to send a message to the buttons so the other menu buttons move off screen while the new ones move in view. Or at least what I have done in the past.

1 Like