Someone is doing art for my game šŸ™ƒ

Iā€™m trash at animations. ABSOLUTE. RUBBISH. I need someone to join my epic team designing Rocket Rumble (which currently consists on uno person :upside_down_face:), so that I can have the power of god and good art on my side.
What is Rocket Rumble about? Well, you are Bob, a new recruit at an expanding tech company called Cense. Cense has decided to take one step further by expanding into space, but you must scout the areas out for them, being their designated cannon fodder. As you fight against space terrorists, you will gain money, which will allow you to get upgrades for your equipment. Fight against quirky and difficult enemies as you discover secrets about whatā€™s really going on behind the scenes, and get ready to RUMBLE!!!
Vote in the poll if you want to join the art team, and post a picture of your greatest works below. I will make a judgement call based on who I think would be fit for the job, then I will let them join the team. You can have any input to game ideas, help edit the code and levels, test the game, but mostly do the artwork I canā€™t do. Let the games begin.

Would you like to work on the art?
  • I would like to be in the team!

0 voters

1 Like

Another benefit will be play testing my game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha :smiley:
You should just get better at it yourself unless youā€™re willing to pay someone

2 Likes

Only way to get better is by doing the activity itself.

I suck at art but I still make all the art for my games in a hope to get better.

EDIT: I have improved a lot!

3 Likes

I am, but I canā€™t instantly get better overnight.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s been months that Iā€™ve been making games, I think making games is the only thing helping me get better at art. Just continue to make art, and watch some helpful videos on pixel art shading and such! I watched the first few videos in Pixel Peteā€™s series and it gave me a full understanding on pixel art!

Also, sometimes your art might be good, and you donā€™t think so. In that case, just feel free to always share it! Feedback can hurt but itā€™s 100% worth it.

EDIT: Unless youā€™re willing to pay someone, I wouldnā€™t ask someone to make art for you. Itā€™s one of the many joys of game development after all!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOJCXxgdmA

Wow this looks awesome

No more flagging

1 Like

Canā€™t see that video, school blocked it. But Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s not my game.

1 Like

But itā€™s called Rocket Rumble

No more flagging

2 Likes

pixil-frame-0(20) img_asset_9345015 (1) img_asset_9603000 (1) img_asset_9603000 img_asset_9888650 img_asset_10403521 pixilart-drawing 2 img_asset_10276169img_asset_9738280 img_asset_9675699 img_asset_9727531 1TU-r_pistol_1 1TU-r_pistol_1B

3 Likes

well, the artists that would potentially working for you should see what you have to offer as well. Maybe clarify what kind of game youā€™re making, and what you need in terms of art. I would imagine that this opportunity would seem more appealing if the artists know what you are putting on the table.

5 Likes

I did say what I was putting on the table. They can have any input to game ideas, help edit the code and levels, test, but mostly do the artwork I canā€™t :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

you said ā€œdesigning Rocket Rumbleā€. that gives no indication of what the game is or what itā€™s about. if itā€™s about spaceships, you might prefer an artist thatā€™s better at drawing spaceships. if itā€™s a fighting game, you might be looking for an artist that can animate combat movement.
you need to give an indication of what youā€™re looking for, itā€™s harder to find an artist to work for you if you donā€™t make it clear what theyā€™re going to be doing specifically.

4 Likes

Your advice has been taken :slight_smile:
Front page updated.

2 Likes

why were those posts flagged?-

1 Like

He just pointed out thereā€™s a game with the same name.

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t know why that should be flagged thoughā€¦

1 Like

Idk. I didnā€™t flag them.

2 Likes

1 Like

@hihilogic Background for the game page includes a version with and without the snake

have this as well