Sound Upload Limit?

So I am trying to upload music I made myself to one of my games. However, whenever I get it ready to upload, and after waiting for a few seconds, the sound does not end up in the “uploaded” list of the sound behavior. Sometimes it even causes the site to crash, saying that the memory has been overloaded. Is there a limit to the size of the file for it to upload? Because if there really is, there should be a warning for that sort of thing so that people know why their files are not uploading to the sound behavior.

The sound file that I am trying to upload has the following characteristics:

• Is a .wav file
  • Is 4:48 long
  • Has a size of 48.3 MB

@“grazer”, do you know what is happening?

You have to wait at leasr half the length of the song.

I just tried that. I waited for much longer than the song lasts, but nothing happened. Also, when I uploaded previous songs, I didn’t have to wait more than 10 seconds for the upload to finish.

Maybe your computer is running slow? Maybe wifi?

It needs to be a .mp3

Hey @Superstargames - there is technically not a limit, which means you are free to try and upload sound files as large as you like. 48MB is huge for an audio file though, probably because it is a “.wav” file, which is uncompressed. Besides eating up a lot of memory (for you and your players), huge files will also take forever to download when someone tries to play your game.

Encode it as an .mp3 like @“JR 01” suggested, and it will be about 1/10 that size and should work much better. I would aim for files no larger than about 5MB, and the smaller the better (for everyone) :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help @“JR 01” and @“grazer”!

Unfortunately, I could not convert a copy of the file to .mp3 because it kept corrupting. Luckily, I was able to make a shorter copy of the file, which brought down the size to 16 MB (this was because the original file looped the same song 3 times, thus making the song longer and the file larger, but this smaller file only played the song once, cutting the time and size to 1/3 of the original amount). I tried the upload again with the smaller file and it worked.

Again, thanks for your help with finding the problem!