Spawn objects with multiple starting values

So the reason why I’m suggesting this is because it’s a little annoying having to make separate objects when there is only one thing different about them. For example, in the game I’m working on when a tank shoots a bullet, it sends the starting angle that it got shot from so the bullet knows how to set its velocity. However, I want different enemies to have bullets that bounce a different number of times or have different speeds. Since I’m already using the starting value, there is no good way to change that for the bullet. So, the easiest solution I can think of is to just make another object.
I suggest there be some way to send data to a spawned object other than starting value. Something like a message option (similar to “send to attached objects”) could work. Another solution could be that spawned objects can read data from their spawner. For example, it could be an option to read the “Object Value” of a spawner, although I imagine that would be difficult to implement.
Or perhaps is there a solution to this already?

2 Likes

Well, you could have the created object send a message to the creator, then have the creator reply to last message all the values it needs to send, then have the emitted object set all those as different Object Values

I usually use a string of numbers, and separate those numbers for what I need.

2 Likes