Spider-Man Web Swinging

Ok, swinging with spacebar is fixed and you can jump off of grappleable ground
NEVERMIND, FLOWLAB DECIDED THAT THE MOUSE CURSOR HAS TO BE VISIBLE FOR IT TO WORK. THANKS FLOWLAB.

you can wiggle the mouse a little bit when you’re trying to swing to guarantee a swing but still

1 Like

Instead of checking for the player position when swinging, you should check for the key being pressed, so that you can actually determine the direction you want to go. When player is below the cursor and right is pressed, change rot by 15… etc.

nah i’m too lazy lol

besides, i finally got my system to work 100% of the time

Rezarg made something exactly like this, but all they did was make it use a motor to pull the object in-

1 Like

spooderman swing,epic sequel to spiderman swing

2 Likes

Does his swing or just move you towards where you shot at

It swings while pulling you in with a motor.

This is awesome. Make the cursor like a green deadeye, then make it turn red when you’re not below it, to notify them that they can’t swing.

3 Likes

“too far away to swing”

1 Like

Yeah I guess it would be cool to have like a bullet time thing when you’re about to swing

2 Likes

Make this into a full game

3 Likes

Sorry to revive this topic, but how do I make it so that the swinging ability is gained through an equipment item? I know how to make equipment to pick up and drop, but I have important behaviors and I don’t want to ruin them.

What I’m trying to say is that I want to make a Halo Infinite Grappleshot for Halo: Flowlab Evolved and I want to make it so that the player can swing on any object once they pick up the equipment item. The way the behaviors are set up in this game/example/whatever make it so that the ability to swing is tied to the movement behaviors and is permanent.

2 Likes

You literally just make a switch, dummy. If you can’t spawn the object, you can’t swing, so just connect the switch to that part.

3 Likes

I see. But how do I isolate the swinging behaviors from the movement behaviors? I don’t want to ruin the other behaviors I have already set up in Halo: Flowlab Evolved.

2 Likes

Sorry to revive this topic AGAIN but @MrMcMemerMan could you help me separate the movement of this example from the actual web-swinging? I already have a good movement system and don’t want to replace it.

3 Likes