Starblast highscores here

I guess I’m not that good. I made an asteroids clone, where the asteroids explode into smaller ones, and you warp from one side of the screen to the other, by touching the edge. You can also play co-op with a friend. I could remake it on flowlab, but I think I’ll make it a minigame. There are only a few things that bother me.

Classic SB: The enemy bunny ships are too fast, and you rotate too slowly to shoot at them. There is also no reverse thrust to back up from enemies.
Neon Wars: You can shoot in two directions at once (which is kinda cool), but can’t shoot diagonally.

It’s perfectly fine how it is, but those were just the reasons I kept dying, lol. Not bad games. Here are my scores.

Well, you beat grazer XD

I was wondering how i could make a diagonal shooting thing, idk how though

Maybe something like… idk… make a bullet, right? Have it set to always go forward. Then, have a once turn off an on/off switch, but before it turns off, if you push left, and right… ugh. Dude, I wish grazer kept the and/or/xor behaviors. It’s so much easier to do double button functions with an “and” behavior. Maybe he can explain it. I was going to suggest that each directional button sets a rotation angle, and the bullet locks that position with the once, but I wanted to say that pressing two buttons sets a 45 degree angle, instead of a 90 degree angle, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how you would use an equation to do that. Maybe I’m overthinking something simple.
@grazer, why did you get rid of the and/or/xor functions?

Just rotate your ship diagonally and shoot? (LOL)

Were talking about neon wars

You can make it so the ship only rotates when you press the arrow keys, and stops when you let go. Then you can press the space bar and it might be able to shoot diagonally.

Neon wars doesn’t use ship controls…

the spaceship?

No… Wasd moves the thing and the arrow keys fire…

It still works with the spacebar

I mean, not the ship controls bundle. Just how you rotate the ship and all that.

Maybe i could have the keys Q and E rotate the ship

Maybe you could attach a cannon that uses the ship controls rotation function. That would work, I guess.

Thats how i got the arrow keys to work

Starblast neon wars now has 8-direction shooting!!! Try it

Did you use my method?

Nevermind, I read that you used it.

The game seems to be significantly harder now

In a good way or bad way? I assume it’s Geometry Wars controls.

Its still a vector shooter. So yeah… Although there will be some new things that makes these games unique