Sublime Slime!

For the minigun u gotta hold down the firing button

I did, maybe it just lagged.

Did you agree with the review? :slight_smile:

Hey! I was hoping to get a starting review on this game, it’s a small bullet hell-ish minigame kind of deal. I have the first attack loop in, and the basic Menu and Lose Screen there. I want to focus on making it as clean as possible. I started work on it a couple of days ago. I know there is only one type of attack so far, but there will be FAR FAR MORE attacks in the future. It’ll eventually keep score and previous records, times, and waves completed, but for now, I want to make sure I’m started off good. I have a ton of fun bullet pattern and gimmick concepts planned out and I plan to execute on them as cleanly as possible. I went through with making a cool and somewhat basic animated background that randomly fades out or rotates to make a cool type of effect, and to fit its play-on-words title. It is meant to be fairly challenging. Anyways, hope it’s a good start, and doesn’t end anytime soon! Please keep in mind that it is nowhere NEAR done and there is way more variety to come, I want mostly a review of how the current start of the game feels. Thanks a ton!

https://flowlab.io/game/play/1117452

@microgamer1 great! I will review your game right after @“Biscuit Butter”'s! Bu the way, what will your difficulty level ideally be?

Try my game, I think its the only one like it on Flowlab (at least as I have seen)

http://flowlab.io/game/play/1107801

@meburningslime on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say this beginning will be a 5 or a 6, but will get harder with the other attacks and stages to come.

Thanks @microgamer1 and @“my_name (<_>)” i will review these soon! :wink:

Thanks @meburningslime !!

Also @“Biscuit Butter” I know I’m not the one reviewing, but I played your game and stumbled among a glitch that softlocks you. If you are standing with less than halfway on a semisolid platform and press down in order to fall through it, and your other more-than-half of your body is standing on a normal solid ground block, the character disappears. I think your game tries to teleport you down, but you are farther on the solid ground than the semisolid, so it tries to teleport you inside of another solid object and completely breaks… something, either deleting the character, or glitching him waaaaaaaay outside of the boundaries, or something. Point is, if you do that, which I happened to while playing normally on the castle stage, the character disappears, you can’t interact with the game, and therefore can’t die and restart from the beginning of the current level, so I’m softlocked and have to restart from the beginning of the game. This is something you may want to deal with, as is can be accidentally stumbled upon and ruin someone’s experience with the game. Hope this helps! (it was kinda hard to replicate it now that I’ve tried, all I know is that i managed to get softlocked by these means in the castle stage. may not be a huge deal, but it’s there)

@microgamer1 Thanks for reporting this! If you find any more bugs, go to the discussion I have.

@microgamer1 Just fixed the issue! If you want you can go to the editor and skip to the castle stage.

Cool! I’ll check that out @“Biscuit Butter”

@meburningslime I’d say mine is somewhat hard, but not insanely difficult. Just use your noggin and you’ll be fine.

@“Biscuit Butter” this is one of the best side-scrollers I’ve ever seen! Good job!
There were a few glitches, but nothing that is major.
How do you make the sides of walls so slick!?!? Good job!
I only have ONE thing to critique, this game is so good! That is: have you ever heard of the cayote effect? It’s used in almost all platformers today and i bet now you’ll see it everywhere! The character, when running off a ledge, still has a few seconds to jump before running off.
This game has simple graphics, but all in style, so I won’t mark you off on this one.
The music is NOT original, but the choices are fine.

Art&Sound- 7/10

Controls- 7/10

Difficulty- 9/10

TOTAL- 8

Good job! You hit the perfect level of difficulty and fun, cute puzzle-solving. Good luck on your future games! :wink:

@microgamer1 this game will be pretty fun! :smile: I have 2 big reccommendations though: maybe you could let the player havve a little more time to react? And secondly: I BEG YOU please either add lives, so I don’t lose in the first second, or slow the projectiles down. Great job with the graphics! The difficulty, you KNOW the patterns of the codes, so it’s probably a LOT easier for you. Please make it a little easier! :astonished: That’s pretty much all I have to say. After all, it is a micro game!

Art&Sound: 9/10 (Music, buddy! otherwise I would give you a 10!!)

Controls: 9/10

Difficulty- 5/10

TOTAL: 8/10
Great concept, it’s like the new Starblast! Thanks!

Thanks for the review @meburningslime !! You’re right, I should slow it down for the beginning. I was planning on adding lives and other concepts, so be prepared! After I get a lot more progress I’ll definitely send you it to review. I’ll probably always be adding more and more, so thanks for the good start!! I’d love to make my own music, I’m pretty good with it, but I just gotta figure out how to make a working mp3 URL that’ll work with the sound block.

Great! This game, and your project mission, has great potential! I do have a reccommendation for another microgame, though. Maybe something like a baby minecraft/terraria, only, of course, small, so new challenges await when surviving AND fightin.

Yeah, I’d love to make that, but I don’t know near enough about those games or how to fully create them to actually create them. I do, however, 100% agree that this would be awesome!

Here

That’s wherenI learned of it… a LONG time ago!!!