Suggestion: swapping animation frames

This would be a neat small feature just to move around frames in your animation would make it much easier if you made a frame in the wrong spot you can just drag it left or right to replace it.

@grazer this would be cool if you could add this small update

2 Likes

I hope this feature comes in the upcoming Sprite Editor Update (that is probably 2 updates away though, so don’t get your hopes TOO high).

Speaking of animations, I had a really good idea. When you create a new slide, it will show a shadow of the previous slide behind the current one, so if you are doing a walking animation, you can somewhat copy the previous slide so that way you don’t have to keep going back and forth between slides. I’ve seen some animation softwares have this feature and figure that it would be pretty cool if it was in flowlab.

4 Likes

That would be cool!

But, it should be optional

I’ve seen a reasonable amount of drawing software that allows GIFs (pixilart, for example) that display a shadow of the previous frame. I think it would be handy. But as @Ramshacklegamestudios said, perhaps it should be optional.

That kind of Feature Is Called A “Onion”

1 Like

@Ramshacklegamestudios, well obviously. It will be a toggle feature that can be selected next to the animation toggle. So it can be optional, I wasn’t fully suggesting thats it a permanent feature.

3 Likes

I Like These Ideas XDD

1 Like

I was about to add this to the trello board but apparently it was already there since April 30th:

So it might come with the sprite editor update. I’m not sure if it’ll be a complete overhaul or just a small update to some of its tools.

1 Like

I agree, this would be a nice feature to implement! :smiley:

1 Like