Taile Gamougg Trilogy Devlog (news bigger than Chungus?)

The old Gamougg 1-3 topics are hereby obsolete. Come here to talk about the Original taile gamougg Trilogy! Check the Solution at the bottom of this post for the latest updates.

The first game in the series:

Flowlab Game Creator - taile gamougg classic

The second game:

Flowlab Game Creator - taile gamougg 2: The Rise of Gloob Glab

And the trilogy's finale:

https://flowlab.io/game/play/1548104

7 Likes

What should the new character’s name be?

• Aurora
  • Dora

0 voters

Gamougg Anniversary is getting a new character that isn’t canonically present at the time of Gamougg 1 but is there for the gameplay variety.

5 Likes

Well my favorite game is subnautica, so I voted for aurora

6 Likes

:thinking:
I don’t know that game

4 Likes

Marine biologist game, good story, underwater, discover the deep ocean.

3 Likes

Oh ok

2 Likes

I could go on for days explaining subnautica, but here’s a brief summary:

1. You crash land on an alien planet known as 4546B
  2. The planet is almost completely water with the exception of two islands, and your spaceship that you crash landed on (the aurora)
  3. great story, highly recommend you listen to the survivor logs
  4. On the surface subnautica looks like a survival game, but it’s actually one of the scariest games out there.

Or alternatively, in GAMOOG language:

Zoom zoom brrr seamoth go fast (I can’t believe I just said that :man_facepalming: )

6 Likes

Thanks. However, I am half formal and the other half is totally informal, dude.

3 Likes

Just joking around, not trying to be rude or anything of the sort :grin:

2 Likes

I know i was just letting you know

3 Likes

For the last post, the name Dora was intended to be a secret JoJo reference.

Anime Gamougg skin for taile gamougg Anniversary

Is it cursed or blursed?

Also, here’s level 3 as it looks right now. I haven’t changed it much from the original; is there anything you would like added to it?

4 Likes

Hello who was updating the game at the same time as me I’m not telling you to stop but who are you though if you don’t mind me asking or is it a surprise

2 Likes

I just added stars in the night sky, do they look nice?

THIS GAME IS RELEASING NOVEMBER 12TH, 2021.
If it isn’t finished by then, I will give all players a free skin in The GAME: The Game when it releases.

3 Likes

taile gamougg is now out on itch.io!

3 Likes

The funny gun has been upgraded. It now has a random select skin system (just press B) and more jokes have been added to the game to increase its functionality!

Also, here’s the new game cover!

4 Likes

Meme Format

Imgflip link

5 Likes

The Taile Gamougg Anniversary Beta has officially started! Play it now and let me know what you think!

Here’s the original game for reference:

3 Likes

Do you want honesty, or do you want me to praise the game…?

3 Likes

Okay, Imma take no reply as a request for honesty
*Sighs deeply *

Listen, I’m going to be perfectly honest here. Whenever I see you make yet another Gamougg game, my mind automatically thinks it’s meh. And 99% of the time it’s been right.
Your controls are too complex and don’t really make sense (O for fullscreen? ` to restart?).
There isn’t a clear cut storyline, you just tell us what it is in the description but don’t really deliver it in game.
The animation and art is kinda meh. Okay, I know not everyone is a picasso like me (joke), but you’re making your sprites too complex. If it helps, start to think on a bigger pixel scale (maybe start using 2x or 4x pixel) to get you started. The player doesn’t really have animations, so that’s kinda a problem. And yes, I know that you’d have to account for the other skin animations, but this can easily be fixed with routers. Another thing is that 8/10 sprites I see are based off the default sprites, or are just default sprites all together (we’re talking the squares that look pointy).
Also, the mechanics are really janky. You kept the collisions for the jump to be on sides and on ceilings instead of just touching the floor, and your sprint system is really weird. Again, routers.
Also, there are a lot of subtle jokes that I don’t understand. You put the goal block in an obvious place in the first level, and then you’re like “Oh, no, this is fake, etc.”
Also, again with the storyline, there is no dialogue. Okay, maybe there’s some text on the screen now and again, but nothing earth-shattering. Another thing, Randomness. There’s just a lot of random stuff that is never really explained. Such as setting. Where am I? Who am I? When am I? HOW am I? Also, the noob saibot thing is never explained, and I still don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.

I’m sure I could think of more stuff, but I think you get the idea.
In short, you seriously need to look at other games and see what they offer. See how they’re designed and how they function. Perhaps what some of their art looks like, and definitely take a look on how to make your controls easier. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Masked Studios

5 Likes

Hold on. Now that I think about it.
Noob Saibot reversed…
Tobias Boon.
HMMMMMMMMMM
Who’s Tobias? :smirk:

3 Likes