Taile Gamougg Trilogy Devlog (news bigger than Chungus?)

The Taile Gamougg Anniversary Beta has officially started! Play it now and let me know what you think!

Here’s the original game for reference:

3 Likes

Do you want honesty, or do you want me to praise the game…?

3 Likes

Okay, Imma take no reply as a request for honesty
*Sighs deeply *

Listen, I’m going to be perfectly honest here. Whenever I see you make yet another Gamougg game, my mind automatically thinks it’s meh. And 99% of the time it’s been right.
Your controls are too complex and don’t really make sense (O for fullscreen? ` to restart?).
There isn’t a clear cut storyline, you just tell us what it is in the description but don’t really deliver it in game.
The animation and art is kinda meh. Okay, I know not everyone is a picasso like me (joke), but you’re making your sprites too complex. If it helps, start to think on a bigger pixel scale (maybe start using 2x or 4x pixel) to get you started. The player doesn’t really have animations, so that’s kinda a problem. And yes, I know that you’d have to account for the other skin animations, but this can easily be fixed with routers. Another thing is that 8/10 sprites I see are based off the default sprites, or are just default sprites all together (we’re talking the squares that look pointy).
Also, the mechanics are really janky. You kept the collisions for the jump to be on sides and on ceilings instead of just touching the floor, and your sprint system is really weird. Again, routers.
Also, there are a lot of subtle jokes that I don’t understand. You put the goal block in an obvious place in the first level, and then you’re like “Oh, no, this is fake, etc.”
Also, again with the storyline, there is no dialogue. Okay, maybe there’s some text on the screen now and again, but nothing earth-shattering. Another thing, Randomness. There’s just a lot of random stuff that is never really explained. Such as setting. Where am I? Who am I? When am I? HOW am I? Also, the noob saibot thing is never explained, and I still don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.

I’m sure I could think of more stuff, but I think you get the idea.
In short, you seriously need to look at other games and see what they offer. See how they’re designed and how they function. Perhaps what some of their art looks like, and definitely take a look on how to make your controls easier. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Masked Studios

5 Likes

Hold on. Now that I think about it.
Noob Saibot reversed…
Tobias Boon.
HMMMMMMMMMM
Who’s Tobias? :smirk:

3 Likes

John Tobias and Ed Boon I think

1 Like

What do you mean? Gamougg 1 has the easiest controls in the series, just that the existence of the optional controls and stuff makes it seem complicated.

I’ll work on that right now.

I like the detail though I thought my art was evolving (look at the difference in art for JoJo part 1 and JoJo part 7 manga)

I tried to make them for original game, but couldn’t and from then onwards I made it part of my design choice not to include player animations.

I didn’t want to change the original sprites fundamentally, just wanted to upgrade them.

I wanted the player to be able to climb things and stuff. Yeah the sprint system is kinda weird, but I might add the sprint from The GAME: The Game into Gamougg Anniversary.

I wanted to evoke a sense of familiarity with some new changes.

I gonna explain gaming
Noob Saibot is supposed to be the deuteragonist.

Thanks for your criticism and time

3 Likes

Today I added:

• Pause and fullscreen buttons
  • Dialogue between Gamougg and Noob Saibot in levels 4 & 5
  • More jokes for the Funny Gun
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I updated the flower sprites
3 Likes

NEW! taile gamougg Roblox catalogue items!
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7902988932/Taile-Gamougg-1
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7903328086/Taile-Gamougg-3-Gamougg-shirt
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7903334319/Taile-Gamougg-Cover-Art-shirt
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7903353831/Taile-Gamougg-3-Gia-shirt
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7903370175/Gamougg-1-Level-4-Screenshot
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/7903373621/Gamougg-1-Level-3-Screenshot

2 Likes

is it just me or is that anime Gamougg look like your old gacha character’s hairstyle is the same?

2 Likes

How do you know that?..

1 Like

It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for! Taile Gamougg Anniversary has just been fully released!

Memes to celebrate this joyous moment as I immediately go to make Gamougg 2 Anniversary

2 Likes

New Gamougg design for Taile Gamougg 2 Anniversary

2 Likes

First look at Taile Gamougg 2 Anniversary!
The Title Screen is finished!

Coins will now be randomized between gold and silver. This is purely cosmetic.
The Space level is way bigger now.

1 Like

New game cover art

2 Likes

Hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella brother amigo pal buddy friend chummy chum chum pal, I don’t mean to be rude my friend pal home slice bread slice dawg, But I gotta warn ya if you take one more diddly darn step right there, I gonna have to diddly darn snap your neck and wowza wouldn’t that be a crummy juncture huh? Do you want that? (found this lmaooo)

2 Likes

uh…

1 Like
  • made the clouds position higher
  • Added the ability to dismiss Noob Saibot
  • Added new ability for the dragon: Firewall
  • Added grass details that will automatically self-destruct when the grass block underneath them is broken
  • Added several new skins for Gamougg
  • General combat system updates. This game relies on problem-solving and teaming up with your CPU allies to take down your CPU enemies. I wonder if you will enjoy this more than the gun combat from Gamougg 3 onwards.
1 Like

i fan on youtube

1 Like

So you have been keeping up with me. Pog.

I would like to officially announce the Taile Gamougg game walkthroughs. More will be coming soon!

2 Likes

Taile Gamougg 2: Anniversary

The full release is out now!

1 Like