Tales from the TinkerShed

The Flowlab Trello lists Vectors as a Sprite Editor Suggestion that Grazer might consider
Could this mean we could draw lines on screen? That could be used for all sorts of cool visual effects.

4 Likes

Not by Tinkersmith, but very tinkery related.
Here is a PointToLine bundle.

Using 2 points and an angle, you can create a line and measure the distance to the line.

10 Likes

Just to keep track of my own stuff, my entry to the 2022 Flowjam.

Had not much time, but didn’t want to miss the opportunity to at least submit something :slight_smile:

For the curious ones, here are all levels:

Creating them took me nearly as much time as the game itself, HAHA

Live Long and Tinker

11 Likes

This is fantastic - it definitely doesn’t feel like a quick, last-minute project :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This looks intense lol I liked playing through it though! Not many games lately make have to actually think about what I’m doing, especially on Flowlab. Really nice work:D

6 Likes
8 Likes

Dang, now I have to make more levels, LOL :wink:

8 Likes

Nice, I love how deceptively complex it is; this is the sort of game Flowlab needs more of…

4 Likes

This game’s really fun, a great can’t-put-it-down game

5 Likes

@TinkerSmith, just curious, since baconcat made the music and he usually uses the jummbox program, did he ever give you a link for that music on jummbox? If so, i NEED that because this soundtrack is flippin amazing and i want to pull some ideas i can use for my future projects, and no that doesn’t mean imma steal the song, silly :upside_down_face:

Yes, he made it on Jummbox.
Had to ask first, but he’s cool to share :slight_smile:

https://tinyurl.com/y6nvhc2b

Don’t forget to credit @Baconcat008

6 Likes

TYSM! :pensive::pray:
this will help me out

2 Likes

And yes, it is amazing, just love it. So catchy

3 Likes

I want to play Undertale right now lol

5 Likes

DraftyScienceCoat75 has been messing around with some 3D shenanigans, they actually got in game objects working, it’s pretty impressive.

5 Likes

And you got a DooM mod working, amazing

4 Likes

I would like it to be known that I was the root cause of this. So when DraftyScienceCoat75 makes an amazing game it was all because I asked how to improve the Wolfenstein effect and Drafty just did a 10x better job than I did. But seriously, really impressive and I can’t wait for the finished product.

5 Likes

You’ve started a flowlab revolution. Before you know it, 90% of games on flowlab are going to be 3D games

3 Likes

Haha, nope. This isn’t the first time we’ve had a Flowlab revolution. They die in a week or two, if it’s crazy enough it’ll be a month.

5 Likes

Hehe 3D is something that will slowly improve with more examples.
If only with had a draw line behavior.

5 Likes