Tales from the TinkerShed

@TinkerSmith can I get a link?

wow that’s really cool!

@TinkerSmith will you be making this public anytime soon? I would like to learn how to make that.

No worries @glithctyrus and @F3Art
Is not really ready for public release, needs to be bundled up, but since you asked so nicely.
Here the basic version that should give you an idea how I did it. Actually might change it, @PixelPizza had some good suggestions I wanna try.

THIS IS A PROTOTYPE … so no questions asked, lol

If you find it useful, credits and likes are always appreciated :innocent:

P.S. let me know if you find a way to improve it … and (hint hint)

if you understand what is going on you nearly have a grapple hook …

3 Likes

well I know whats going on so grappling hook I go

And another lunch break quickie from the TinkerShed.
For your shooting pleasure:

As with every lunch time release, use on your own risk, buggy as hell, LOL

Have Fun

Likes are always welcome and credits if you use it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yooooo thx makes me want to do a zombie game now

Looks like FL will have enough power to deal with a parallax car racer … a very basic one.
Needs speed routine, so it reads the track layout from the array list. Road decorations, AI cars, but it looks possible.

3 Likes

Holy Cow @TinkerSmith - you’re a maniac.

It’s too late for me to open the editor and see what sort of witchcraft you have going here, but I’ll check it out tomorrow in the light of day.

HAHA @grazer :slight_smile:

Just wait until I get my hands on the new datatypes. Fake 3D and Vector 3D is on my tinkerlist.

You wouldn’t have a drawline() routine flying around? … chuckle

2 Likes

[insert cheesy Gravity Falls reference here]

1 Like

Yeah, that defines you perfectly

(Very) basic Tree generator. Working on a new one that will generate the whole tree, including branches, but might be of use to someone else.

Tinker Away

3 Likes

TinkerSmith You’re good!

Flowlab is good :wink:

1 Like

thank you

Little update to the road routine. Managed to read the track list (‘tracklist’ bundle in the road object).
If you modify it, don’t forget that both copies you see in there have to be the same!
(Since FlowLab only allows one output I had to double it up for the ‘from’/‘to’.

Todo:

• add some ‘drift’ to the car
  • add roadside objects
  • add competitor cars
5 Likes

Woah, I was Gonna do something like this but dang you’ve already done it, welcome back!

Feel free to use :slight_smile:

I might be busy sometimes ( that thing called ‘real’ life) , but I will always be around :wink:

4 Likes