Tales from the TinkerShed

I think I’ll have to make a game with this concept, this is super cool!

3 Likes

Hey, maybe if we dug up some of the code from Lazer Dave we could make a Star Fox clone

4 Likes

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m using sprite stacking for 90% of my most recent project, this has really come so far in the community!

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/mFusaFqgP5E
Didn’t you have a Skew example? That’s basically how old Mode 7 3D worked, just skewing the floor and rotating it according to player movement

2 Likes

Yes, I did one ages ago, this here:

2 Likes

Just an idea

1 Like

And another tinker bites the dust :slight_smile:

Ok, actually working on a random height map generator together with @thebrickccentric , but stripped down and with a rainbow palette attached to it it just looked too cool not to share.

Using old principles that we used back in the Amiga Demo Scene, but still nice to look at.
As mentioned, it is a stripped down version, enjoy.

7 Likes

Awesome. Now that one takes me back :slight_smile:

Looks like an old Amiga demo!

… and now that I actually read your comment, you said that already.

6 Likes

Pretty color thingie is coolio. Also, how do you understand the behaviors on any of these?

2 Likes

Pretty trippy, not gonna lie!

2 Likes

A lot of tinkering :slight_smile:

I’m not a math buff, but good at taking things apart, lol.
So I grab a handful of (math) gears and rearrange them until they do what I want.
Actually most of the formula tinkering I did in scripting. Once I had that sorted I ported it to Flowlab.

3 Likes

This reminds me of some of the screensavers I used to have on my older computers. Why did they stop making those? They were amazing.

2 Likes

They aren’t as popular anymore because they were designed to prevent “burn in” on Cathode Ray Tubes.

2 Likes

“Burn in” still happens on LCD and plasma screens too, though… it’s less permanent, but still annoying.

1 Like

Nice effect, it’s really pleasing to look at :hotsprings:
We could make trippy visualizers with flowlab, that’s a nice idea

3 Likes

Count me in, LOL. Love colours :wink:

1 Like

Nothing special, just a little performance test for a different project.

If you wanna punish your own Flowlab go into the controller object and increase the initial star count. ON YOUR OWN RISK LOL

My old PC goes down to about 45FPS with 100 stars … that leaves me some leeway to do other stuff.

EDIT: Actually, I think it looks more like an asteroid field, HAHA

6 Likes

This is pretty cool nice! :+1:

3 Likes

If it would have been just for the effect I would have used @PixelPizza 's FlowFX bundle, but I needed to use my own expressions. As you might notice when you look into the star object it is a 3D->2D projection.

4 Likes