Teacher and Student Accounts (help and suggestions) (Solved)

I need everyone’s help here.
So as you might know, I have a YouTube channel in which I try to post videos as much as possible and right now I am working on a series, that is why I have not released videos yet.
I suddenly have this idea. What if I were to upgrade to a Teacher account and start giving out accounts for a competition. Would that bring in more subscribers and you yourself, enjoy it.
Plz comment below and I’m waiting for your thoughts!

3 Likes

That wouldn’t be a good idea, I highly advise against it.

3 Likes

Why not? I don’t see any bad in it.

2 Likes

I could hold a competition once a month in which the 1st winner would get a student account.

2 Likes

Let’s just say something like this has happened before, and even if it may seem nice and innocent at first it completely ruins the average financial income grazer receives after a while. And remember this is his full time job now. Even if you’re only giving out 1 a month that’s still way WAY too much. I’m not going to lie it would be pretty sweet to get a free subscription, but I’m not about to support something that I know isn’t right.

2 Likes

For reference Ok so now im a teacher yea? - #29 by grazer

2 Likes

How about 1 in 2 months and then cancel the subscription. Think about it. This happened before with “i don’t remember who” and then @grazer put a limit on the accounts.

2 Likes

Im still not on board, but if you can work something out with grazer than good for you. But for now I don’t think that it’s an option.

2 Likes

@grazer , can you explain how many accounts I can give away? You put on 25 student accounts for the Teacher plan, does that mean that I can give away 25 student accounts?
Talk more about it later when you reply.

2 Likes

Giving free accounts away with a Teacher account is not ok.
Teacher accounts are for educational purposes (schools).

Ok so now im a teacher yea? - #29 by grazer

3 Likes

I’m giving away student accounts and they ARE for educational purposes.

Aren’t they going to build games and shouldn’t they have a chance at least one month in their life?
This sounds totally ok with me, but I still haven’t heard anything from Grazer about this,

1 Like

they just posted a link with grazer’s response

2 Likes

Hey @Tim01 - Thanks for asking first, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I know you mean well, and I appreciate the idea of giving account upgrades away, but the teacher subscriptions are intended for a very specific purpose (enabling a teacher to set up their entire classroom in an affordable way). Student accounts are also subtly different than standalone accounts as well, so this would not be a good way to go about it.

If you would like to give away accounts or upgrades, what about giving away starter accounts? Those are less than 5 bucks a month, or 39 per year, so that would probably end up costing you less than a teacher account anyway, if you wanted to do some sort of monthly prize.

I would probably need to set up something for you so that you can give away account “codes” or something, but I’m willing to work with you on that if it’s something you want.

Anyway, you can always email me to discuss details too if you want: grazer@flowlab.io or DM me in Discord.

6 Likes

How would I get a starter account. I can’t find it.
P.S - Thanks for Replying! :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s a limited time plan at the moment:
https://flowlab.io/pricing/starter_offer

Original post:
New Flowlab Plan Just Dropped: Starter Edition (limited time) 🎉

3 Likes

There should also be a big banner at the top of your “My Games” page that has a link to the starter plan page. If you don’t see that, please let me know because something is wrong.

3 Likes

I don’t see no banner :thinking:

2 Likes

Only free users get a banner. If you already have an upgraded account, you shouldn’t see it.

4 Likes

So if I do this, I get a better version but no student accounts to give away. Is that correct?

Oooooooooook! I get it. 5 bucks a month for student accounts to give away if I want to.
I guess I’d rather wait a little, maybe till I get a steady job and then if this pops back up, I’ll do this.