The ask me anything channel!

Do you like potatoes? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@MelloJello I like potatoes, but read my discord status and you will understand
Hi beanies_bugs, I havenā€™t spoken with you too much. idk if you mean my alt or my regular, but thatā€™s ok.
TGW, it depends a lot on customization. Some of these questions that I donā€™t know will be referenced from the help section in flowlab. Flowlab Game Creator - Flowlab Game Examples Some things can be found here, including an inventory system, but I can give an explanation on what it does. This applyā€™s to all the objects too. The first thing itā€™s checking is if you collide with it. Once you do, add a 1 to a save behavior, then destroy. The UI version is always checking if that save behavior is 1, and if it is, then it re appears, if not, it stays at 0 alpha. For other things, like using the items, just check the variable. If click, check gun, if 1, then shoot bullet. Understand TGW?

3 Likes

I can give a better explanation, if not, you can just ctrl c ctrl v. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve figured out how to pick up items, and how to shoot, and not shoot when you run out of bullets. Eventually though Iā€™m going to be making games where you can pick up dozens of items and wellā€¦ itā€™s going to probably be a hot mess. :laughing: Iā€™ll let you know once I start get started on one of those projects and get stuck somewhere.

Switched back to default, canā€™t do more replies for 7 freaking more hours lol with the new account.

Noice, I figured that one out a lot more recently then you would expect (about 2 months ago maybe, idk)

Depends on how complicated those things are. If itā€™s just like a health pack where you click, wait 3 secs, and heal, and the gun example before, then those are pretty simple. If your going for more complex things (canā€™t think of examples) then it might get complicated. GL tho, anyone else?

1 Like

Hey. So I made a particle effect for my game, but I wanted to make the particles to change when you chain a dash. So I did! Check it out: Link Unavailable

3 Likes