The Forgotten Game

Oh, so the dot needs to moved based on the position of the characters.
You could move the objects individual dots, but I think making an attached object with animation of a dot in every room would be better for every dot/character.

So, each dot is a sprite, and I attach it to the Phone sprite? Sounds a little easy actually.

Just make the borders to center the object to the phone and animate all spots for 1 dot. Then make more objects to animate the other dots. Don’t use anything within the borders because it will cover whats on top when animating, just the dots need to be on top.

I have done the attachments and have done the lineups.

… So, I was thinking that when you pull your phone out, the animations that make the androids move will stop. And by doing so, I experimented with the Rider (The blue-ish Gray dot) By making a sprite called, Stop Moving, and making a proximity trigger. When it gets close, the timer that triggers the animations will reset… But, when I retract it, the animation won’t continue going, and while the animation is stopped when the phone is pulled out… The ticking that is supposed to tell you that something moved, keeps ticking. Any way to make the ticking stop when it’s pulled out, and any way that when the phone gets retracted that the animation continues?

aaa

actually seeing the phone with the screen on it @“ShadowAxeKid Productions” , I think it looks great as it is! I may make a few changes, but don’t expect anything, since it looks completely fine with the screen.

I may help out with some other sprites, but so far, looks great! Good luck!

I have made the phone battery mechanism and I have fixed that thing with Rider.

@RcReger, I would like to ask you for a favor, and its fine if you don’t want to.
I would like to give you the honor to make the background. I just request 2 things.
Make it have a closet at the side of the bedroom. You can pick any side.
I would like a door to be somewhere on the front of the room, where you can face it. That would be the door that the androids would come through to scare your soul out of you.
Make sure you can see the rest of the player in the bed, so make it like you can see the end of the bed.
You have my permission to add any decor that you want, and maybe even some hallucinations to, if we want to make it even more creepy. than what it already is.

Also, I have added a few things-
The Rider dot works Perfectly, and so does the phone. You’ll hear a little pop, and that will signal that something just moved. Also, every second that you have the phone out, you’ll hear a very faint beep. When it hits 50%, 25%, or 10%, it will beep five times loudly, to where you can hear. when it hits 0%, your phone will die on you, and you will be left cowering in fear, praying that you will survive.

I will try to get to that by tomorrow @“ShadowAxeKid Productions” , and thanks for asking me! I will post the results in my sprite-making discussion tomorrow:

(the discussion) - forum.flowlab.io/discussion/7511/i-will-make-you-free-sprites-just-ask#latest

I also use my other account, @TheSpriteMaker , in this, just to let you know that is also me.

I’ve tried making two horror games, one is similar to FNAF in it’s theme (alone with murderous robots), and the other is pretty much unique (theme is hunted by bogeymen). Although I recently tested one of the games and jumped really badly when an enemy burst through the door, they don’t create the scary atmosphere that I want. Too many game elements, such as jumpscares and scary ambience, are too predictable and the games are quite casual and calming. The only parts of the games I find scary is the creepy characters that I created and when I make a mistake that ended up in me losing. I could take the advice you made for making a scary game, @rcreger .

Just something I wanted to mention, I won’t talk about my horror game again here since this is a discussion for a different game by someone else.

This is a quick sketch of Shadow= aaa

It depicts that Shadow is crawling on your bed and about to kill you. Also, there is a handprint on his chest for reasons I will unleash later. I don’t want to overwhelm anybody. And, even though you don’t see it, there is a label above its teeth, which says “Project 1”.

That drawing scared me to death when I opened up the page! That really will be the most terrifying Android that I may encounter in your game. I am also quite interested in the Manglers, those guys sound scary.

Yes. I’m making more sketches for the others, which are equally as scary, including the manglers. Now that I think about it, Mangler is the scariest one I have ever made, for the picture u will see is it on the roof, with its head twisted.

Sorry @“ShadowAxeKid Productions” , I may not be on the forums for a while - so it is not possible for me to make you a background for you. But when I am back on, I will get to it!

Sorry for any inconvenience, and good luck with the game!

Your fine. Honestly, I’m taking a break for medical reasons, so I won’t be on for a while to. The best thing I can do right now is create sketches and send it to here to give you an idea of what I’m thinking.

So this is what I’m gonna do with Sawdust

There will be 4 animations that it will randomly pick to move based on filters. When it escapes your room, it will randomly pick 2 animations based on its movement, for it will move to 2 different places. That is how I’m gonna do the coding on this game. Its surprisingly simple.

Also, for the hand of Sawdust. I will put it on the map, but it won’t be visible, for it will be the same color as the map. Its easier that way and will still work for me. I will do this when I’m done with the other android mappings.

And this is what I’ll do in the future

-Do all the mappings of the androids.

-Start working on the jump scares and death jump scares, for when you die, there will be a jump scare of who killed you.

-start working on the guns and custom mouse cursor. I might add a knife for melee as well.

-Make the door and the closet coding so the androids can hide and go through.

-Start working on the android attacks and movements in your room and how they will hide.

-Add final details, add fancy and dim lighting, fix up any glitches, include all the sounds, and boom, flowlab will have its first horrifying horror game.

-I also have big plans… But who would want to give away my little secret for this game? ( ? ?? ?)
But… just to be fair… be looking for clues and hidden hidden messages in the game and mysterious sayings in this forum. Maybe you can find out… But that’s up to you…

These are pretty good plans, though I am not sure about the knife. Theoretically, a gun would damage a robot much easier than a knife would, because the bullet speed would certainly puncture the metal. I’m not saying it’s impossible to stab an Android in the chest with a knife, but it would be difficult to do so. Also, since it’s a melee weapon, you would have to risk getting close to the Androids, which is just what they want. Then again, it is still a good idea since it could be useful for when you run out of ammo for all weapons, or when the Android you are facing is getting closer and closer. You can decide whether you want to add it or not, seeing as it’s your game and not mine, I’m just giving my own opinion on it.