The Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny 4

I almost did. I don’t ever want to watch them, after what I’ve heard and seen (which is a considerable amount).

Post 1.5k.

1 Like

I do agree, the gameplay mechanics from Halo Reach to Halo CE (playing in order for the story) was such a downgrade, plus I lost the ability the run and everything, which was kind of a bummer, but considered the game came out many years ago, it was the peak of first person shooter campaigns at the time.

I do understand that a game as old as it is, still doesn’t have mechanics and features such as the new, but it’s what built the foundation for games today.

Then again, I still enjoy games from the NES because it’s historic and amazing how far we came.

Also I haven’t played any halo multiplayer because I got it entirely for the story. Most kids grew up playing halo, Cod and many other games while I didn’t have hardly nothing as a kid. Now that I have a PC, I’ve been catching up. As an author of a book series, I don’t look at the mechanics of the game, but mostly the story which is why I avoid multiplayer games.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was likely the best until Halo 3 came out. I like running though, and sliding.

1 Like

Spelling mistake detected.

1 Like

Plus there was the overshield ability alongside many others that I don’t think were introduced until halo 3. But again, it felt more like multiplayer based mechanics since I never really used any of it during the gameplay because the enemies weren’t too difficult, but I can see it being very useful for pvp combat.
I can see you enjoy newer and smoother mechanics alongside the multiplayer features of games, which a lot of people generally do. I’ll straight up play an original Wolfenstein style game if it has a good story for it. I’ve played so many indie games with poor movement mechanics only for the story because that’s what I generally enjoy.

3 Likes

Hehehe. Let us mess with google translate.

I like the idea of playing alongside humans… and the ability to gather 28 of them in a number of seconds, since I only get to play with my siblings on special occasions.

2 Likes
To DinoDev

Me too.

Same, I agree also.

To ManiacPumpkin

Can you get any more based? GG.

To ManiacPumpkin and JUSTPLAINOP

Same, I agree with you. But you are confused. I do know that Disney ruined those, especially the last one (episode 9 :nauseated_face:). I liked episodes 7 and 8 as a kid, especially 7. I don’t really care about them now, and my last Star Wars purchase of any sort was the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin LEGO set from 2020, which is a prequel trilogy thing. I like the original trilogy the most, especially from a [cinematic and pop] cultural perspective.

Halo and Star Wars are the same in many ways, especially with their roles in my life. For both franchises, I grew up with the garbage newer ones, but instantly preferred and better enjoyed the older and original ones. They were simply more well written, more well made.

To JUSTPLAINOP

You cannot possibly tell me that Halo 4 onwards is better than Halo Reach and prior. While I am not like most modern progressive/political people in the sense that I am more than willing to listen to and consider different opinions, the comparison between Bungie’s Halos vs. 343’s Halos is something that has been compared time and time again, and reached the same conclusion every time: 343’s is worse. All the games have had their advantages and disadvantages thoroughly and carefully analyzed and compared from start to finish, top to bottom. Bungie simply did a better job at making games, and here are SOME (not even all) the reasons why:

• Bungie (back then, not anymore) was a more “humble” company, and even if that isn’t true, they were certainly gamers. Gamers making games for other gamers. They knew who their audience was best.
  • They actually liked what they were doing, and they liked how they did it too (except for the disastrous development of Halo 2 because of the working conditions and insanely tight deadline). 343 deliberately hired people who hated Halo, and ended up making Halo into a Call of Duty-based parody of itself.
  • The characters were better. Halo CE was simple and iconic, straight to the point (and that’s why I love it). Halo 2 was made to be like a movie in terms of storytelling (which is probably why ManiacPumpkin likes it), and it did a much better job than most video games today do, which is ironic since they usually have much bigger writing teams. Halo 3 literally had one of the most goated dudes in the industry at the time, Marty O’Donnell, write the story. And since he knew how to design music for games really well, he was also able to make the best decisions on which parts of the story should be cutscenes and which parts should be gameplay. 343 failed at this in almost every aspect, with Buck probably being the only returning character to be the same or better. Spartan Locke and Fireteam Osiris were universally hated not only for attempting to replace Master Chief, but also because they were simply unlikable, poorly written, forgettable characters.

OBJECTIVELY FALSE!!! IT WAS LITERALLY MADE WITH BETTER GAME DESIGN! EVEN 343 DEVS WOULD ADMIT IT (IN THEIR HEADS, NOT OUT LOUD)!!! YOU CANT SAY THAT SOMETHING BAD IS WORSE THAN SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT MORE!!! I HAVE NOSTALGIA FOR HALO 4 AND 5 SINCE I GREW UP WITH THEM TOO! YET I CAN STILL TELL A MASTERPIECE APART FROM A MASTER TURD!!!

Do not cite the deep magic to ManiacPumpkin, witch. He was there when it was written.

John Shrekinson new longest post record (this text is for search results)

5 Likes

I can agree with most of your comments. I like Halo Reach much more than Halo 4 in some aspects, but Halo 4 introduced the Hardlight loadout, which is one of my favorites. If Halo reach had those weapons, there’s no reason that it would be worse. I play Halo reach mostly for forge though, the campaign is a bit confusing.

2 Likes

Someone found my old post and I got Nice Reply. We miss you TGW.

6 Likes

I thought that by liking the post, I was respecting TGW. That was me, by the way.

By the way, how does one do tiny text?

6 Likes

HTML code. Type < small >, but without spaces (which I put to show you the text since it would disappear otherwise). Then type what you wanna write small, then type < /small > (again with no spaces).

2 Likes

I’m not mad or negative about this post at all. This is a real opinion, and I can totally respect that.

My theory is though, that you like the Halo brand name, weapons, and characters, but don’t necessarily know or realize that most or all of the things that you like about Halo are directly lifted from other games, most commonly Call of Duty. Halo 4 was COD-ified by 343 to appeal to a wider audience, but even that wider audience was left disappointed in the game and its quality, which led them to move back to COD and such.

Halo Infinite was definitely a major improvement over Halo 4 and 5 in that area I just mentioned above, and a few more surface-level things such as the toys & merchandise, art style, 2 specific characters (the Pilot and Craig), Master Chief having his Spartan number on his chest again, and the soundtrack.

All of Halo Infinite’s problems that make it seem worse than 4 and 5 aren’t because “it doesn’t feel like Halo” (which was the number 1 problem with H4 and H5) but because of the shortcomings/downgrades of the company, and the state of the gaming industry itself. Had Halo Infinite been released finished, it would have totally been better. Add to that the fact that live-service is shoddy, 343’s tried not just one, but TWO extremely ambitious new things they never did before (free to play multiplayer and open world campaign), plus the common trend nowadays of companies constantly making so many shortsighted decisions back-to-back, and you have a terrible experience that would have been good. Provided that some things had not gotten out of control and had 343/Microsoft not made an infinite :drum: number of unbelievably terrible decisions, mainly the one to never hire any permanent/longtime devs and employees and exclusively hiring temporary contractors, which ruined the game on a technical level and made it extremely and unnecessarily hard to fix/work on.

3 Likes

OperaGX the most optimal gaming browser, you can watch youtube straight from your browser :0

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to one of my favorite bands and about half of the song is usually in Latin. Anyway I saw a song they did that was half Latin and half German. I was listening to it and it sounded pretty good, until i saw in the comments of some people who were concerned. After translating it, I was pretty disappointed to find how dark and inappropriate the lyrics were.

Now I’m kind of concerned on what half of the other songs mean. Normally it don’t bother most people, but I normally avoid such things. Even if I can’t understand it, I don’t want to support or partake in what it means by listening to it.

This probably doesn’t relate to anyone on here, but I’ve been deeply disturbed by this.

6 Likes

I recently found out one of my favorite bands are pagan cultists or something. It’s been messy for me and I certainly get that.

6 Likes

I’m gonna be replaying Ready or Not soon, and I’m super excited about it. Tactical, immersive shooters that don’t fantasize violence always get my blood pumping.

4 Likes

OperaGX is bloated, it had a ton of useless bells and whistles. Firefox is simple and runs great.

5 Likes

Opera GX’s only absolute victory over other browsers is its PR (public relations) team.

3 Likes

its good… not when you have a computer that is 12 years old

2 Likes

Nothing new is good on such an old computer unless it was built to run on something that old.

2 Likes