The Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny 4

i spent my entire childhood a huge gamer but even that was more than what we do these days
look at us
attention spans so small and people so inactive that we get entertainment from mindlessly scrolling an app with even more mindless videos all day
and apparently my brain’s rotting. doubt it because i can acknowledge this and barely use tiktok or instagram as a result

6 Likes

yeah same basically. either you don’t let your kids on the internet and make them into social outcasts, or you let them use the internet and have them face the consequences of it.

4 Likes

Well, gaming isn’t always a bad thing, it’s a way of entertainment. The only problem is if the user stays on for too long or becomes addicted.

When I was young, I remember following a rule set that stated I was only able to play video games after the walk, after 20 minutes of HITT, or sometimes after a hike. I aways had time limits too. I think this is what kept me for being a screen-zombie.

4 Likes

Ohh so that’s why dad has the 6:00 rule (The rule is that after school no electronics are to be used unless it is 6:00(Or after) or for school work and/or learning.)

4 Likes

Tiktok is trash. I can’t help but cringe when I see my sister watching Tik Tok or Youtube Shorts videos and they’re all those stupid videos with stories and all the characters are one person. I used to use TikTok but I stopped. I don’t want my attention span to be shorter than a goldfish’s.

5 Likes

Yeah. I feel that way too. But I don’t entirely like feeling that way, so I try to stop it somehow (not saying that you should too, just talking about the similarities and differences between our similar but different humor experiences). Basically this is my feelings on this:

visual I created

I believe that you can always get regular back, but in order to keep it for as long as you can you should tone it down. That worked for me, and I eventually got regular back (after losing it for like, the 3rd time) earlier this week. It might not work for you, or everybody, but its just a suggestion. Not saying that you should do that necessarily, just posting an idea. I don’t think it’s good to have to censor yourself.

Or you could make it more subtle, most of the best Flowlab Quotes Out Of Context are edgy/inappropriate jokes, but they limit outright profanity and are basically, way less blunt. I have been told by multiple people that I am often very blunt and straightforward, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it does mean that have to be a bit more careful in what you say. Again, not saying anything really, just giving an idea.

2 Likes

Flowlab energy card:
Concept 1:image
Concept 2:image

I made both with the Flowlab sprite editor. I used a new technique that basically allows me to make layers.

5 Likes

True, I heard that exact thing in a YouTube video (a longer one, I forgot the channel though). Parents have a really tough decision. After watching that vid I watched, I thought that the solution* he gave in it was really good: setting a screen-time limit and monitoring everything your kid watches.
* not complete problem solver, just something to help

🇼 attention span resurrection

2 Likes

I didn’t get a youtube account until I needed one.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Animation

Yup, it’s actually more useful than I thought. What do you think of the cards?

1 Like

I think the guy meant “literally watching over your kid’s shoulder the whole time”, but yeah that’s good too

1 Like

That might be a bit had, lol.

1 Like

thingy

2 Likes

as a BradenS, I can confirm that that is indeed a thingy.

1 Like

Creepy thingy.

1 Like

I think it’s really good art, but slightly off pixel art. Pixel art is about doing more with less. You put way too much emphasis on detail and small pixel sizes, which makes it much harder for you to make the pixel art look good. Pixel art and traditional art are not the same, and while you are very good at the latter, your beliefs or choices impact your skills at the former.

I used to be stuck up on my old pixel size too, but when I just experimented and used smaller pixel sizes, I got way better. I’m also fairly good at traditional art, and had to learn to adapt to pixel art when I started using Flowlab.

2 Likes

i have missed a lot havent i

I wasn’t really trying to make it pixel art, I just like doing the texture. It’s only 5 by 4 (The card).

2 Likes