The Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny 5

The otc isnt real? Then what is your ahh posting on right now?

Fact is the otc is just as important as any over topic and it breaks my heart to see someone disvalue it so deeply

And i hate to disrepect you because of how important you are to the community and how many people you helped, but to see someone call something me and many others care about useless just hurts

2 Likes

Itā€™s kind of like the central Hub on the forums, since just about everyone views this topic so there have been many people who was seeking help or criticism on their games have come here.
It originally was made to reduce spam on other topics because it was kind of a big issue back then, with users spamming memes and useless posts on game dev logs and such, so we kind of needed a place where people can post freely.

Although we only needed one (maybe a backup) OTC, but now that grazer made the Community Lounge a category, itā€™s been kind of abused I will say, with people making a discussion for the most random of topics that could easily have been discussed on here. Plus, I donā€™t think private messages are used much anymore since itā€™s easier to just create an entirely new topic publicly.

The only reason the OTC was frowned upon by Grazer (at the time) and majority of the (veteran) older users was because they tried migrated onto the forums from the discord, only to harass users for acting like kids (when majority of users are younger on here) and freely using mature language and jokes, causing arguments on the OTC and getting it shut down several times. Grazer was getting quite the headache along with the mods because of the constant arguments that were being mad.

There were many users I looked up to back in the day only to see their true colors when something minor went down. ā€œNever meet your heroesā€ definitely is a quote to live by, I guess.

Technically, since itā€™s not entirely related to flowlab, then itā€™s not a part of flowlab, but since many games and examples have been shared on here and has been a major undertaking on the history of the forums, I would like to believe it has its part.

4 Likes

Also, does anyone know if you can edit achievement behaviors if you no longer have indie?

I know in the past, the behavior would delete or something if I messed with it, but I had a bunch of Achievements on my game from what I did have indie. I wasnā€™t sure if they would delete or break if I tried updating them.

I know that it just deleted all of my old Glitch Screen effects that I had in the game. Thatā€™s kind of an annoying feature, that you canā€™t even edit past behaviors if they are indie only or else they just disappear.

4 Likes

He was making a joke?

1 Like

I have no idea, so itā€™s probably safe to leave it be

1 Like

I have to restartā€¦ I have to read through the dialogue all over again now.

1 Like

Oh so that game I made with all the indie behaviors wonā€™t work just in case I run out of indie?

1 Like

Iā€™d say no, because I just tested this by using both my accounts. I edited a team game though, and the achievements donā€™t work in the particular game I tested so I recommend avoiding it unless absolutely necessary. I think that the actual achievements will remain in the game, but the behavior will be deleted along with any wires directly connected to it.

1 Like

Whereā€™s it streamed at?

And the Coilhead is by far the scariest thing.
Loot bugs are cute, so are Peepers.

1 Like

Youtube, also whatā€™s a Peeper???

1 Like

I donā€™t know if they are apart of a mod or a new creature. But they are little eyeball dudes that latch onto the player and continuously make noises.
Iā€™ve never played with them before, but Iā€™ve seen them in someoneā€™s playthrough.

3 Likes

Wait what? Iā€™ve never heard of those, has there been an update?? Iā€™m going to check Steam when I get home

2 Likes

the peeper is a mod.

3 Likes

Hey! My flowjam game just got a big update, I would appreciate if you checked it out! :smile:

3 Likes

Fun fact: nerual link put a chip into a human brain for the first time

2 Likes

Oki.

I think Peepers are from a Mod but theyā€™re like the cutest little things ever. They donā€™t kill you just jump on you and weigh you down.

2 Likes

Swarming Sheargrub from Pikmin 3!? They drink the same nectar that Pikmin drink to grow and then they weigh down treasures you need to collect.
Swarming Sheargrub - Pikipedia, the Pikmin wiki

2 Likes

Oh lol, I think the loot bug is the cutest, especially with the mod that plays the Yippee! sound effect whenever one sees you
(also play my gameā€™s update! :pleading_face:)

3 Likes

scrinkleUW

2 Likes

Been a while, been busy with school. Destiny 5 already???

7 Likes