The New Crossed Sword Game Studios Announcement Forum

Combat Car Adventures (Reboot)

Update:

Massive Update for the Combat Car Adventures Reboot game, it now has its own main menu and title screen as well as a level select, options and extras page in the works. This has taken over 12 hours to do along with a few other following updates so please check it out in the link below.

I have started work on level 2 - 1 which is coming along well frustratingly beautifully, our fist enemy is in the works as well as tons of more deathtraps! I also tinkered around with the 1 - 5 Boss battle and re-imagined it but it is not yet ready. Do have a play and see how far you come with so far 4 playable and complete levels!

We also have a warning and our newly polished company logo at the beginning of the game with a fancy new thumbnail! Please check out the game and give it a test play and give me as much feedback as you can!

Please report any problems and I will try my best to fix them. It’s a confusing game, but you’ll get the hang of it.

(Also I haven’t had any sleep for the last 12 hours due to work on this game so I won’t respond for about 5 hours, so leave any quarrels here and I’ll take a look at any of them whenever I wake up)

Additional Update:

Yes @The_KWASM and @GGSTUDIOS I am still working relentlessly on the Guardians of Winterglow but I thought I would spend some time on some of my other projects today, so expect more updates for that game too :slight_smile:

@browngr @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @spencertheball @JR01 @GGSTUDIOS

3 Likes

for the winter glow you could make skins for the weapons and each season has different draws and on holidays there is a new legendary skin related to that holiday

@witherdragon4 Its a very nice suggestion but that seems like a lot of unnecessary sprite work and animation that would rack up hours of work for the purpose of vanity.

Also please try not to make a website or anything else social media related in the name of Crossed Sword Game Studios without my permission as that would have to be done by me. Also I don’t want CSGS to have a website yet for various reasons.

oh…sorry about that i will try to take it down or change it to somthing else! happy new year!
gamers unite!

1 Like

@witherdragon4 It’s fine and I do appreciate the dedication you put in for this, so thank you for your contribution. Do try to keep up to date on these posts and stay tuned for more updates! Also, happy new year.

do you like my new frase kodex?

The Combat Car Adventures Reboot

Update:

I am happy to announce levels 2 - 1 and 2 - 2 are complete! The mysterious “Nebula Mists” Dimension has 2 complete levels with 2 more and an epic boss battle at the end!

I still have the 1 - 5 boss battle to complete so you can expect that done very soon.

Also I will have a free Demo for the game done when the full game is released on steam as the original will also romains free.

The original game is planned to be polished and released on itch.io and other places as such online.

We have a lot to do moving forward next including bugs and problems along with settings, menu, sound and music which will be done by me.

Keep updated for more news on the Combat Car Adventures Reboot!

screenshot

@ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @browngr

5 Likes

Update:

The Combat Car Adventures Reboot has a MAJOR new update!

Now in the game is a VERY near done PAUSE MENU! It’s taken hours but now the useless pasue button at the top of the screen pasues the game and brings up a manu that can bring up additional menus like an options page!

This additional options page allows control over all sound so far! This is a huge update and major part of the game! You can exit, resume, go to options AND extras that display special features!

Stay tuned to see what’s next!

@ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @spencertheball

3 Likes

Large Update:

Its been a while since we have had updates to Combat Car, and that’s because if this very special update.

Instead of mainly focusing on levels I focused it on fixing bugs and other things for the game before I move forward, and this is one of the biggest updates we’ve had!

First a whole new combat system is in order! You can switch between shooting only forward like before and to where ever the mouse is which is extremely flexible. This allows better targeting and is great for different enemies.

Next up is the second boss battle which is (mainly) done! The boss AI works pretty well and the player is able to kill the boss and escape the level!

We also improve the main menu and title screen headers as well as making a better jump system to @rosettarenken#9938 's delight. It carries more debisty making a more strategic jump but also is light and steady like the old jump so it’s like a combination of both (this does need to be tested so may not be perfected).

I also made Gates higher and fixed / updated the controls list to make it more easy and accessible to play for both Arrow key and WASD players.

There was also a lot of bug fixing and other things as well as an amazing new soundtrack coming out so stay tuned as that’s all for today!

@spencertheball @Frost @browngr @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin

4 Likes

Flowjam Game

Reveal:

So we haven’t had an update in a while, mainly because of this little thing Flowlab is hosting called the FLOWJAM, a challenge to create a gem to a certain theme in 2 weeks and I have been at it day and night people, so here is some of the plot for the game (still unammed):

The Plot:

Its 1840, where the human race has discovered technology and electricity a lot earlier than in real life. You take the role of the CEO of the Company Regrowth, where you studies Plant biology and anatomy mixed with you’re superior science skills and you’re company to create a syrum that allowed the user to shrink or grow as well as manipulating how fast and how tall plants can grow.

Unfortunately you are betrayed by you’re second in command and his chain of followers. Your reaserch is stolen and used to create the Green Guardian Watch, Soldiers that use you’re technology to overthrow the goverment and reign using power and fear.

They think you’re dead, but you’re smarter than that. Escaping you’re building with you’re technology, you’re G. R. O. W syrum and just barely you’re life you become an assassin out for revenge! With the help of a radio producer you must make you’re way through the 3 major districts to face off with you’re traitorous second in command in the newly coming Open World RPG set to be ready for Beta Testing January 30th!

I hope you all do well on you’re flowjam game! Looking forward to future updates from everyone else, so stay tuned!

@browngr @Haevoc @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @spencertheball

5 Likes

Don’t know why you tagged me you are ready told me about it on discord XD

1 Like

Although this does give me more information on it. :+1:

1 Like

This sounds like an awesome game! It seems like a lot of work to do in 2 weeks so good luck!

1 Like

@Greggo I’ve done a lot of work already, so it looks very promising. Im soon to finishing the first hub and will be asking for suggestions soon too!

This also happens to be one of the greatest games iv made in here ironically. Seriously, in like 4 days I have a great player and an awesome hub. Really going well for me.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! I’m excited for our first look at it!

1 Like

that sounds like a cool game kodex!

1 Like

Update:

It’s been a while since Iv’e posted but i’ve been working hard and a lot more updates are on the way. I’m here to announce a large number of new updates that have come to the Combat Car Adventures Reboot.

1- New abilities that will be unlocked in later levels, but are ready, Dashing and Stomping!

2 - The Second Dimension is complete along with the new boss battle done!

3 - The third dimension has begun development - the backdrop and tileset have been completed along with new traps and enemies for the combat car to face.

4 - We have our First NPC, The Old Man, with dialogue now as well as in-game cut-scenes.

5 - I finally updated the water blocks as well as a few other things and perfected the golden gate code, or so we think, as well as a few other things. A lot has been put into development so we hope you keep up to date and at some point try out the game!

We have a lot to work on so please, feedback would be 100% welcome!

@browngr @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @spencertheball

The Cryptic Caverns Wallpaper:

Cryptic Caverns Wallpaper

5 Likes

I had to reread that a couple times to see if you were making Terraria lol

1 Like

Update:

New Update everyone, the level 3 - 1 and next level 3 - 2 is done! Debuting some more traps as well as being our longest levels yet its a long and hard level, but that’s not all that’s done today! I’ve spent a lot of time, effort and all nighters on these, so I hope you like em!

I also redone a few sprites including the water tiles. I’ve also intigratrd the Stomp officially into the game with jts own block to break as well as a moving enemy! (Sprite still in the works, for now it’s a blue cube)

We’ve also redone the heart logo which use to be the classic flowlab default. Now it’s a much more detailed gold-outlined version with a black and silver varient.

We have also planned and begun production on an auto-zoom feature and a difficulty feature too!

This includes Normal - how it’s been so far. Hard - You have about 30 or 20 lives, and Hard mode - You die once, start the level agian.

We are considering Uber Hardmode for ultimate players but that’s not avaliable yet.

Hope you enjoy and keep up to date on our newest work!

@rcreger @meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @Greggo

4 Likes

crosssword game yooo cool name

1 Like