The Original Glorious Off Topic Channel Of Destiny

oh, okay, thanks for telling me, i didnt know that!

1 Like

No problem. It took me a while to find out too lol

1 Like

Usually I just want to borrow pieces of code that worked before, but make them work slightly differently, which is one of the reasons I donā€™t use bundles.

But my biggest issue is not catching myself.

On a couple of occasions, I thought I was updating something on one level, but I was actually overwriting my code on another level. Went to play test it andā€¦ ā€œoopsā€.

My problem is that I get too easily distracted, then when I get back to my still open project, I forget which one I was supposed to be editing and which one I was borrowing fromā€¦

Full on rookie mistake and I blame no one but myself.

1 Like

maybe somehow try to mark which tab is which?

1 Like

Maybe always have three tabs open, and the middle one blank. The one on the left is the one you copy from, the one on the right is the one you copy to. Just a bit of difference might trigger your brain to remember.

2 Likes

Normally my system is to use tab 1 for editing, tab 2 for templates. Then somehow I end up with 12 open tabs because Iā€™m Googling something and listening to music on YouTube and talking with friends on Discord andā€¦ I forget half of what else, I come back to my original project and start closing tabs to get back to what I was working on and I close the wrong one by accidentā€¦

It really is my own fault, I blame nobody else.

2 Likes

Have two google pages open then, one for your game pages and one for other things.

2 Likes

Yep, I should probably do that. I just get scatterbrained. Thatā€™s why it takes me so long to make games. Iā€™m working on one game while Iā€™m thinking about another game. I know that if I try to make them all at once, Iā€™ll never even finish one. Iā€™m so easily distracted though.

For example, Iā€™m supposed to be working on a game project of my own. But then I see these challenge event contest thingies on the forum, and I want to make those. I donā€™t even know what the ā€œprizesā€ are, I just think ā€œohh I have an idea!ā€ and I run with it.

1 Like

Just booted up my Wii, still works perfectly
Sadly wii have lost our Wii Sports disk, but thii dataā€™s still there. Gonna get a copii of Wii sports on Amazon.

4 Likes

I turned on my snes and Iā€™m surprise I can plan mariokart on it without my house catching fire, lol.

4 Likes

My only console is still a Wii u

1 Like

I got a wii.
WIIiIiiiIiIiII

3 Likes

June 28th.

And Pride month started today so I brought up Pride day too lol

3 Likes

Almost to 4K my dudes!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but we neither need nor want daily updates on this ā€œholiday.ā€ I can respect the person, not the idea.

No Politics please, just respect.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/azhgpelu0vY

1 Like

Actual hold up.

1. Todorrobot is an adult?!
  2. TODORROBOT IS A FATHER???!!
  3. TO BACONCAT???!!!???!!!
3 Likes

Yesā€¦ We all know this lol. Also, heā€™s said ā€œitā€™s none of your business.ā€

3 Likes

Dammit, I only need three more badges to catch up to you, lol.
Multitool badge, here I come.

Iā€™ve wanted a sort of multitool badge for a really long time, considering I cover multiple areas of expertise :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m currently using my catā€™s nose to like all the posts :cat2::upside_down_face:

Omg, lol, i just realized my cats looks supa stoned in this pic :rofl:

4 Likes