The Original Glorious Off Topic Channel Of Destiny

I do like transformers, why do you speak of such?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a heavy collector of transformer figures. Mostly the originals back in the 80ā€™s. (I wish I had some that arenā€™t broken, lol). Since the original ones are insanely hard to find without paying a heavy price, I collect the new ones that are based around the G1 look.

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue, I liked lego Bionacles, I cant fking find them in stores, I have looked online and they are SO expensive

3 Likes

Me both! :moyai: :moyai: :star_struck: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley::100:

1 Like

I would love to lol, but paying for college is so hard. I just get an occasional game when I have a few bucks.

2 Likes

Lego discontinued bionacle and thereā€™s a ton of collectors who are trying to collect all the different characters so finding older ones online is gonna be a pain and will have a high price on them too.

I was at an antique store a bit ago and I found a bionacle poly bag for only a buck. Not sure the value, but it was from 2001.

4 Likes

Anyway I went to a massive flea market today and I found a 1984 Gobot Block head. I know you all know transformers, but back in the day, Gobots were the first knockoff and were produced by Tonka in Japan. For some reason they fetch quite a big price on mint condition and itā€™s always a great find to see them only for a buck or so. Since they are discontinued, that only makes them more rare. I honestly think that Gobots had way better figures than the original G1 Transformers, (on most figures) but Transformers had a much larger toyline, story, and a more popular tv show. I think Hasbro ended up buying Gobots and even made a few characters in the Netflix WFC series based on old Gobots. Such as Bug Bite. Which I honestly though was kind of cool.

Anyway, I enjoy collecting Transformers, but Gobots are still enjoyable to find. So far I have only 4, but one of them is a large duo con thatā€™s missing the truck counterpart, so itā€™s just a jet that turns into an upper torso.

I had a chance today to get a fire truck character, but he was missing his arms. If I go back tomorrow I might get him cause it was only 25 cents.

4 Likes

Gobots are a bit tricky to find since they donā€™t have Autobot or Decepticon symbols or any symbol at all. Iā€™ve seen a lot of different models so I can usually tell by either the way the head looks or the common techniques it transforms. If the figure is only like a buck and you are having doubts, just go ahead and grab it. Even if itā€™s a random Japanese knockoff, itā€™s still probably has some value to it.

As you can tell, Iā€™m quite experienced in collecting antique Transformers and Gobots. Mostly.

4 Likes

at the time of the otcā€™s creation,it had more cookies than ever. how many cookies does the otc have now?

2 Likes

3 Likes

What about Megazords and Giant Robots?

1 Like

@discobot fortune what do you think of transformers

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot fortune
do you like transformers

do you like transformers
@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: My reply is no

discobot is a loser, like who other than discobot doesnā€™t like transformers?

3 Likes

Racisto Rondo

Well, I said Transformers and Gobots for the most part. I donā€™t know much of megazords or most others like that.

3 Likes

do you suck
@discobot fortune