The Original Glorious Off Topic Channel Of Destiny

so after watching a video about the history of stolen assets on roblox i now know where the flowlab behavior icons come from

2 Likes

Please link, sounds interesting

1 Like
3 Likes

Yo @ManiacPumpkin do you know Crane Brain?

3 Likes

I was proven correct. An interesting video indeed.

1 Like

Yeah I remember that goofy figure, lol.
A true Hasbro masterpiece.

3 Likes

Hey @ManiacPumpkin - I think you probably already know all this, but as a clarification for anyone else reading the thread:

Nothing is removed from your games when you downgrade your account. No behaviors, or any other features get removed when you cancel an account upgrade. It is safe to downgrade, and your games will be left alone in their existing state.

Here is what can happen though:

1. You have indie upgrade, and add Indie only features to your game
  2. You download your account
  3. You go back and edit your game, now using a free account
    (at this point everything is fine, and nothing has been changed)
  4. You now edit the behaviors of an object that has indie-only features with your free account, and re-save them

Now, when the objectā€™s behaviors are saved, the Indie-only behaviors will not save. Blocks are fungible, and there is no mechanism to track the history of a specific behavior block and somehow know that it was previously added while your account was in a different state. This is not something that was added intentionally - itā€™s just a side-effect of the way the system is designed. Iā€™m not a big fan of it either, but itā€™s not clear what the solution might be.

It would be possible to display a warning when editing an object with upgraded behaviors using a free account, and offer the opportunity to change your mind before saving. That may help accidentally removing behaviors that canā€™t easily be re-added.

11 Likes

me (for some reason)t rying to date disco bot only to get rejected,then exepted then exepted only to find out discobot was cheating on me with @paisleypug who made some very non flowlab freindly comments.

A totaly normal day on flowlab.
yup nothings wrong.
no holes in my heartā€¦
no entearnal sadnessā€¦
not sad at allā€¦

1 Like

not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad not sad

1 Like

If they made a wooden figure of him it would be hilarious

1 Like

Oh shoot I was right

No wonder why

3 Likes

Our lord has visited us!

In all seriousness though, thanks for the clarification. Iā€™ve heard more than several people asking me about this.

5 Likes

Also, Iā€™m considering making a new game on flowlab soon. What genres are most popular with yā€™all?

Iā€™ve mostly prepared for creating unity games now. Iā€™m working with a good friend to make a psychedelic science fiction shooter (yes thatā€™s a mouthful) after visiting a Meow Wolf installment for the fifth time. Iā€™ll keep people posted if youā€™re interested.

6 Likes

Do you mean downgrade?

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I had just read all of the commentsā€¦what the f*ck???

2 Likes

F-WORD NOT ALLOWED

Thanks for the censor though. grazer said that you can swear if you censor it; except for the f-word, which you cannot say at all.

4 Likes

umm what happened yesterday with people dating discobotā€¦?

i wasnt here soā€¦