The Pumpkin Previews (Closes until Further Notice)

Hmm… I’ll have to give it a good think.

Maybe a boss that emits a laser instead of individual bullets so you cannot pass through it, but the laser won’t cover the whole map, it will be on a randomizing pattern, and maybe some bullets that will follow you 5 seconds after spawning, but make really long turns so you can easily avoid them without having too much trouble. Other than different bullet types I honestly don’t have any really good ideas.

I meant boss design not attack patterns lmao… but thats a good idea

Well, I know you said boss design, but I literally don’t have any good ideas. I can make a really detailed story-based game, but when it comes to an advanced bullet hell game such as yours, I can’t really think of anything. Even though I played a lot of them in my life, I still don’t have any good ideas.

welp, im thinking of like a big eagle based robot that flies around quickly and shoots are you from all angles. But I can’t do sprite art well

Well, I’m not particularly good at something like that, I’m not sure who can exactly help you with something like that, I don’t even know how to draw an eagle, much less a robot one, lol.

Thank you for the review!

2 Likes

I know I have been afk over the weekend, but I’m still up for reviews. I know BitWit is loaded so if anyone has any games that wants to be reviewed, that are currently posted for his, that would me from being bored, and probably help BitWit for lowering the amount of work that he has.

Also don’t be afraid to be criticized, lol.

what about this one: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1429868

I worked a lot on every feature the game has. I know my designs are not the best, but i still think they are pretty decent.

Chapter 4 is coming out soon and I think it will be the best one yet.

Okay, I will get right on it. I’m currently really busy so the longest it might take would be a few days, but I will get it done.

Whenever you can, think you could re-review my game now that it’s been updated and the boss can be beaten?

Yeah, when I’m finished with darian_K’s game i’ll get right on it.

By the way, can you grade it on difficulty? The boss is pretty hard

@Cuts_ups here is your review for Robby.
Game Art:
I think the game art looks pretty fitting with the game and I loved the fact that there were different enemy skins and stuff, but on the levels, the blocks look a little blocky. Maybe add like stairs that you can fall through and it might even help robby get towards you. I’ll give a 6/10, mainly because some of the sprites in the level look similar to the default and are super blocky, but I can’t really criticize you too hard cause you did manage to make over twenty different skins for Robby.
Theme/Style:
The sad thing is, is that I think there is already a game called Robby on roblox, which is a piggy rip off, but I think your game is a really cool variation of that. It’s a single player platformer which made the game pretty unique so I’ll give a 8/10 for theme. I never actually seen anything similar to it on flowlab so I think its a really great start.
Game Play:
Imma go straight to an 8/10, only cause there are only 3 chapters so far and I can’t wait to play chapter 4 (keep me informed please). But you can easily get a 10/10 if there were more levels which is already guaranteed since you are making future levels.
Difficulty:
I did notice some difficulty in your game so I’ll give a 9/10 cause I literally couldn’t beat the second chapter, lol. I think robby spawns in a little too fast on chapter 2 so it’s really hard to beat it, but it’s still really enjoyable.
Game Features:
Easily a 9/10. I would have given a 10, but I feel there could be some stuff that could be added, although I’m not sure what, maybe a multiplayer version, hmm. Anyway I really loved the fact that you have so much freedom in the menu, going between minigames and checking out different skins for robby, I just really love the menu design.
Story/Goal:
I was a little confused on why you start up in a building, but it gets more understanding when you have a given goal and the story is pretty great. Maybe adding some time between some of the levels. The first three chapters seem to be right after each other, but I can tell that Chapter 4 takes place much later or something similar so I’ll give a 9/10 for Story/Goal since there can be some details to work out, but overall really good.

So your final score is 8.2, which in the feedback given above, I can see this game becoming really good and possibly a 10/10 with enough work. I absolutely can’t wait until the game is finished and keep me notified on each update or each chapter release.

Sorry, I had the review already made on a draft, but just now posted it after you said something, but yeah I did involve difficulty. To be honest, the boss was pretty easy, I died a few times cause I didn’t know what I was supposed to do, but after I found a pattern It seemed easy. The hardest level in my opinion is chapter 2. I literally cannot beat it, lol.

I just updated the boss to make him harder

btw, chapter 2 is easy once you are quick and get used to it

If chapter2 is hard, chapter4 will be even harder