The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

bad:donkey:

2 Likes

If you’re wondering, there are multiple timelines and dimensions based on the reality of this series. The Premaker of Time is able to view all of them as he constantly floats between the various realities, but he is never fixed or ever set on a single one. With so many possibilities, he doesn’t even know Justin Hawk exists or hardly any of the other Foremakers. He only knows of himself and the Eldern.

There is a Scepter Foundation facility that had sprung up in an undisclosed location that bore a similar logo as the familiar trident, but the entire language and even the dirt composition around the base the quite different from that of the local vegetation and composition. There are only corpses inside that have decayed mostly to the point the faces can’t be identified. It appeared to be very similar to Site: 012 but only a small section seemed to have been teleported and most of the heavy containment and data storages were missing. Some of the walls were damaged with a highly corrosive black substance that identified a variation of Subject: 009 or the Ceramic Skull. There were a few other entities that were visible inside the facility, but they were all deceased. The variant Subject: 009 was never found or ever seen since the sites strange appearance so it’s assumed he was never transported with it, but there was another entity from the other reality capable of doing so, but with there being so many different dimensions beyond our own, it’s more closer to 0 that any clue or evidence of them exist in the current world.

In terms of the story, there will be mentions of a parallel universe that’s quite similar to the reality that takes place. Coinciding with the future time jump that shows the Order conquering the galaxy. One character will actually flee their universe to find themselves on the current and try to warn them about it, only to get killed by themself for not being believed and the plan continues.

Since there’s so much lore already going on just for the current series, I probably won’t ever work or touch much on the parallel universes except references to just the one and maybe a couple characters from various others, but none will ever be detailed. That’s like rewriting the entire story I have wrote an infinite number of times over for endless possible languages, variations, and combinations.

This is just a concept though, as the time jump is explained more like an apparition or vision than actually jumping through time, but the idea of it is still possible, with the Premaker of time currently watching over and gliding amongst multiple timelines, that character alone can’t be killed by any current character since he can jump in time and even kill other enemies multiple times without ever killing them or without them ever knowing.

5 Likes

Many sci-fi stories have an alternate timeline be one where the “moral roles” are reversed, meaning that the good guys are now bad and the bad guys are now good (examples are something from Star Trek idk the name or Shattered Glass from Transformers).

I don’t know how this would or could even work with morally grey/ambiguous characters and factions, but it’s just an idea [for the purpose of making this alternate timeline more unique]. Take this with a grain of salt because I’m not sure what you have planned for this…

3 Likes

So basically the parallel timeline isn’t like a complete opposite, but it’s a neighboring variant so it’s actually very similar. The facility with the strange language is from another one far beyond.

At least this is the goal. There will be a event that happens when a Foremaker actually kills himself from another time and gains his ability twice. Creating something very interesting.

5 Likes

:flushed: :exploding_head: 🇼

1 Like

The series may seem like a classic good versus evil scenario and form the cover, it’s explained as such, but even the considered enemy has a very good reason behind his actions. Not just for cold blood, but to protect the very world he knows, while the rest only defend themselves from his plan.

Every side of war has made some mistakes and regretful actions, but it all depends on how you believe it should be, then it shows that there is no good nor evil in this scenario.

“There’s the nameless one. Constantly devouring the very planets and worlds it stumbles upon.”

5 Likes

I want to host an event for most of the active members of the series to not only include the community, but also to help motivate myself to finishing the first book and maybe the Site: 012 Incident game.

• Game jam
  • Art contest
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

I want to help push your motivation in the project by offering a reward of some sort for the winners of the contests or events. I have a few options such as short story commissions, or allowing you to create a human or entity character for the series. Although for the character submission, I would recommend that you at least be sincere about it and not something goofy, I’ll have a final say on the character or maybe edit them around a bit to help fit with the story, but I won’t be too strict on it since it’s your reward.

I know it’s not much, but the forums have seemed kind of quiet (aside from some minor debates) and my discord server is completely dead, so I want to revive the series with someway of including the community with my project so it’s not so one sided.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, I forgot to actually check this poll and I’m glad to see that there will be some users active for an art contest.

• I’m in!
  • I’ll pass

0 voters

Here is another poll so that way I can get a count for who’s all wanting to participate. If I can get at least 5 participating members, it’ll be an official contest. I’ll announce the start and end date, alongside possible prizes.

2 Likes

Subject: (unknown), Door to everywhere

Door to Everywhere is actually just a simple house key with a very strange and inhuman design on the key itself. The foundation have studied its strange shape, and can’t even theorize a possible tumble to even accept the keys strange geometry. It’s appearance as some would explain as indescribable while others would simple detail it as a simple illusion. But the key in facts works.

It’s unsure how it’s triggered, but whenever a user has the key in their hand, and they imagine a place at any part of the world, the doorknob of the nearest door will change shape at the blink of an eye or the second eye contact is broken. Any video feed will just static for a millisecond to allow the change to happen without being recorded how it changes. The key will then fit smoothly into the doorknob and unlocks the door. Even if the door was unlocked before the key was introduced, it’ll then become unlocked when it temporarily becomes Subject: (Unknown)-B.
The user can open the door and pass through it as if it was just a standard doorway, but traveling them to the place they had though of. Although this will not work for fictional worlds or locations, and it has to be a place the user has at least heard of.

More strong minded users or even Subject: 10-Bs have been able to fully manifest a temporarily door in front of them for the key to fit into. A door can appear in front of the user without any existing door in the vicinity. The same events apply, although those who can visually manifest a door without the use of existing ones can actually pass to other worlds and planets. The climate won’t pass through the doorframe, but the user is immediately effected once they pass though.

(Which can be used to transport to places like New Caben and stuff)

The key will is currently stored at Site: 012 alongside Johnathon Lawrence’s key ring. One of the faculty thought it was a funny prank to do so when Overseer Lawrence misplaced his keys and he has yet to notice.

(Edit: Apparently kn-ob is a censored word so I had to change it to “doorknob”.

4 Likes

Will it be pixel art or traditional art?

3 Likes

Either way. Even irl drawings if you can submit a clear picture of it. Basically any form of artwork will be accepted.

2 Likes

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

1 Like

But, the pieces will be rated by the community and I’ll have the final say. Like the flowjam in a way.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m still looking for at least one more participant before I can officially host the contest. Four would still work, but I feel there wouldn’t be much competition.

3 Likes

I may still host the contest with just the four players, but there’ll probably only be a first and possibly second prize versus having a podium of the top three.
I’ll announce and tag all participating users further information on it.

3 Likes

I would join, but it’s unclear how my schedule would be. If I do have time I would try to make something.

3 Likes

We got five people @ManiacPumpkin

2 Likes

Alright everyone.
@nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time
@paisleypug
@Pixel_Name1
@DWGAMEMASTER
And anyone else who wishes to participate.

I’ll be hosting the first official art contest for the Scepter Foundation series.

The theme is quite broad as it’ll has to be somewhat related to the series such as existing characters or even your own characters you would like to see. You can always dm me for the current character list or find an existing character you want to draw. I don’t have any actual designs for most of them, so you can always make your own interpretations.

In terms of being art, it can be digital, pencil and paper, 3D, or any other form of art. All is accepted as long as it can be viewed easily.

The start date will be on Monday, June 26th at 12pm EST, or really any time that day. I can’t really check for that.

And the deadline will be on Friday, June 30th by 12am EST. If it’s late, I won’t count you off, but the grading will start the following morning.

In terms of a prize, it’ll be decided based on how many participants actually join. I may have a few of my friends and some others join (potentially). The reward will probably be a story commission or if you want a short story wrote up either over something you’ve already made or to have your own secret piece of lore of the series, I don’t really know. This is negotiable.
A character submission can include SCU soldier names (and I’ll make sure to eventually write a short story regarding their background so they won’t be background characters) or even an entity submission, which are usually free to do, but I could make it like a Foremaker submission or your own empire design, I don’t really know, the world of the series is quite large so there’s just hundreds of options to choose from, but I’ll try to decide and negotiate for something. It probably won’t be anything major regarding the main story itself, but it helps add to the background action and events going on outside of the main series.

If you have any questions, just message me either on here or on discord. I, hopefully, will respond.

3 Likes

I have some potential users on my discord server who may join as well, I’m not for sure.

2 Likes

That would be great if you could. There’ll be a whole week to create and submit something, so hopefully you can find the time to make something. I usually work most of my days as well so I find it pretty hard to find time for anything,

Also I didn’t even see these messages when I posted the previous, because I started a draft while at work and just finished it, lol.

2 Likes