The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

Practice will improve. Lore? Among Us. Anyway I agree with, good idea.

1 Like

I think 001 is a coputer, like the old 90’s style one, type something into it or have 001 type
something, and becomes real,001 can also type on itself BTW

1 Like

Subject: 000?

Subject: 001 is the Suffering Man.

Subject: 184, Gamougg the skeleton. Gamougg has inspired many a great “tailes” and as such is a Flowlab legend.

1 Like

yeh, i mean 000, sorry!

1 Like

The warriors of New Caben follow a leader that is currently unknown. It is theorized to be Subject: 000’s equal and is currently using the warriors to search amongst the worlds connected through the rift to find where Subject: 000’s true form lies.

5 Likes

maniac sir is gamougg good enogh for the scpeter foundation lore?

3 Likes

As a character design, it’s not bad, but considering is the main character of another series, I don’t think it would fit all that well.

I do plan on doing collaborations and references to other games (which I already discussed with another user) and it’s not necessarily a bad idea, but I don’t think I’ll add a main character as an entity.

Mostly because the story itself is my own creation and I feel I have added way too much details to add an entity that’s apart of a meme game series, although the game is kind of portraying a minor event in the timeline, it still needs a serious tone for the game to actually feel right and scary.

4 Likes

The only reason I’ve been mostly against adding other people’a creations is that I’ve been a solo developer for years and I always enjoyed working alone than with others, mostly because we all have different coding experience and art styles that never seem to match up.

When it comes to story and character development I try to stay as original as possible to my own timeline than trying to worry about other peoples stuff. Sure I don’t mind a character concept for an entity, I’ll most likely edit and revise it to fit the series and give it more purpose, plus I still give credit for the idea, but I always have high standards, mostly on my own creations and I strive to stick with my own experience than having to worry about other stuff getting in the way of the gameplay and the tone I’m trying to achieve.

4 Likes

Understandable. I think Gamougg wouldn’t fit with the tone of the story, but Gloob Glab or another member of Gloob Glab’s species probably would.

1 Like

Hey @ManiacPumpkin I heard Coreplex made a theory! On your first monster. How would you rate that?

3 Likes

@ManiacPumpkin i know it may be hard to change art styles, but i made this carather frame,
I think it looks more realistic and less cartoony, making it more scary

3 Likes

Yeah, I already went over it with him and after explaining a bit more detail, his theory was pretty far off.

I said that the ceramic skull is indestructible (I should have specified that it’s indestructible according to human technology as we know) so he compared Subject: 009 as a god, when he’s one of the weakest entities on the list.

But it’s still interesting to see what other people view the game and story as other than myself.

2 Likes

That does look pretty good, sadly I have way too many characters and animations that I would have to switch over, but I’ll consider the style if I make future games.

2 Likes

Idea: Save the image now with DWGAME’s permission. Then put the sprite/image in a new game (like one of your old, abandoned ones) and save it there so you can make a new game later. Don’t let DWGAME’s idea be forgotten!

1 Like

I bookmarked the post already which should be good unless he deletes the post or an emp hits the servers.

2 Likes

:grimacing:
prepare

2 Likes

Hm…So his theory was far off. Damn so did you tell him those before his theory?

WalterWhiteWalterGIF

I explained to him afterwards.

1 Like