The Shroud of the Fifth - Summer Flowjam 2023

Hey everyone! I participated in this Flowjam if you wanna check out the game!

This took forever to make and it’s pretty rough around the edges, but I hope you all enjoy nonetheless!

Btw, I’m aware of a few bugs already (Especially the death loop), but if you have any more to add feel free to comment!

12 Likes

This game is MAD POLISHED. IT’S INSANE!!!
I can’t believe that it was made in two weeks.
I just played a little bit yesterday, as the game seemed huge, but I will be playing it again with a controller soon :smiley:
AAAA can’t wait, congrats bro fr! Your games quality level are beyond human comprehension :heart:

4 Likes

AMAZING!!! ONE OF MY FAVES!!

1 Like

also where do you rate jam games?

2 Likes

In Flowlab Game Creator - Flowjam entries . You can only vote if you submitted a game to the jam :slight_smile:

3 Likes

also @Recryptech the final boss is impossible you just get killed instantly

2 Likes

I know :confused: It never happened until after I submitted the game, so that was incredibly frustrating.

There is a list of stuff I will be sure to fix when the jam ends and that will be the first one lol

3 Likes

well then i guess i beat it as much as possible

1 Like

Hello, great game, one problem. After defeating the scribe of aether and going into the portal, the game softlocked. I had the air and fire powers.

2 Likes

I will rate this on the Flowjam page.

1 Like

Yeah, it really stinks :confused:
I will fix that for sure, thank you

Ember’s FlowJam Reviews - Game Reviews & Feedback - Flowlab Community
I will review your game on here.

1 Like

I think I’m stuck in this room, and the boss is still hovering over me after I beat it
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

3 Likes

You need to demonstrate the ability before you can leave. I thought the dialogue was clear, but this has been asked twice now so I’ll definitely make it even clearer afterwards

1 Like

Wow, I haven’t seen that room before.

Good news! Now that editing is enabled again, a lot of the most glaring bugs have been fixed! Namely the final boss death loop, coyote jumping, Ignitio’s health, the West Tempara softlock, and Elder Fern being a greedy thief! There are some more hidden chests added as well to make his ability easier to get. More major updates will come in the future, but for now, the game should be closer to what it was intended to be for submission.

8 Likes

YOU WON!

Great job! I really enjoyed your game and liked the use of secret spaces in the levels. I couldn’t play it for very long, but just from how far I got, I could tell it was a winner.

Congratulations! @Recryptech.

-Ember.Y

2 Likes

Small update! While I’m working on a larger one to fully realize the scope I wanted for the jam, I’ve implemented a timer that shows up on the end of the game. Feel free to share your times!

4 Likes