The Tale of Gnome is out! My first game is out!

You can still put suggestions in, I can still put them in later games.

1 Like

Ok, I understand.

Oh and @hihilogic , I’m not sure if you’ve seen the code yet, but the final boss basically just moves from side to side, launching missiles, laughing every five seconds. But, it’s way easier than the first boss. So, when you’re done with animation. It emits rockets down, in 90, 45, and 135 degrees, (I just added this btw) It just got harder. But, if once you’re down with your boss’s animations, @hihilogic , if you have some code along with the animations, that’ll be better than whatever I have, I bet.

2 Likes

This is a good game : P

EDIT:
Btw I can’t think of suggestions

2 Likes

I just added some updates to the game:

1. Spikes at beginning of level two are turned into saws.
  2. Coins regenerate health now
  3. @hihilogic 's boss is now in the game, and I added an animation to it, but if @hihilogic makes a better animation, i’ll use that one instead
3 Likes

Cool!
Also, just letting u know, I’m hosting an indie giveaway, so if u think you’re good at art and want some indie u should join!
Links:

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea of how to make the battle against the glitch more fun? if you go in level three via the editor, you can see how the boss works there. it’s kinda glitchy(no pun intended).

2 Likes

I’ll take a look later, I gotta do some stuff right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wider area, more attacks, boss moves around, boss has more reasonable health. If the player only has 5 health, why does the boss have 20 times as much health? It would be more reasonable at 2 or 3 times as much health.

1 Like

It’s actually a pretty easy boss, as long as you stay out of it’s missiles. If you have ideas for attacks, share them here. And the health is high because it’s the Final Boss. The first boss had 20 health, which I admit is pretty high, and the second boss instantly kills you. As long as you spam the space bar, the boss will be dead in a couple minutes. And, the boss attacks with 9 missles every 6 seconds, but should i change it to 9 missiles every 3 seconds, or 15 missiles every 7 seconds?

• 9 missiles every 3 seconds
  • 15 missiles every 7 seconds

0 voters

2 Likes

And the boss moves from side to side, too, unless I should make a more advanced movement system along with the wider area? I know how, but I would have to spend most of the day fixing the emitters too

2 Likes

spend as much time as you need

1 Like

Everyone! List up to five things that you think would make the final boss better! I will try to include at least 2 of them!

3 Likes

Amazing list ik

2 Likes

So the Glitch had lasers. Now it doesn’t. Besides shooting missiles repeatedly, should it have any other attacks?

2 Likes

no unless you nerf the existing attack(s)

1 Like

Making the attacks weaker, or less missiles? And, if anyone thinks this game is hard, it’s not meant to be easy, but I am always adding something to make the game slightly easier.

1 Like

I’m trying to make it where you can pause the game, but I don’t really know how. Can someone help me?

1 Like

Get a pause from the gameflow section

idk