The Trials of Ellis Grey

Okay I’ve been working on this one for like a couple months now, and it’s finally to a point where I’m ready to show it off!! Introducing… da dada da

http://flowlab.io/game/play/535866

Everything’s a WIP. The story, the graphics, the animation. I have high hopes for this though that I can turn it into a polished piece of art. But I think it’s cobbled together enough to get a good feel for what I’m trying to accomplish. Enjoy and tell me what you think!

I think it’s a great start, it reminds me a little bit of the original Amiga Prince of Persia for some reason. I like the art style and characters so far.

Obviously it’s pretty short at the moment, but I’m curious to see where it goes.

Hey @grazer? I’ve been working on it a ton since posting this and suddenly the game is…broken?? I’ve double and triple checked all my logic and it’s fine…but my player character disappears after pressing left or right, only reappears when moving on ladders, and spontaneously passes through things that are supposed to be solid. Also no longer interacts with doors or enemies. I’ve been troubleshooting for the last half hour, playtesting and observing my logic and I cannot figure out what’s wrong. The PC is not sending collision signals, even though collisions are enabled. I’ve put a lot of hours into this so far and I’m really hoping it’s just something I’ve overlooked.

I’ll check it out now and let you know what I find.

Hey @Rogue0fVoid - I have tracked the problem down to the motor you are using for gravity. I’m not sure why it’s behaving that way, but I’ll look into that now to see what’s going on there. In the meantime, if you disconnect the always trigger from the motor then your player stops disappearing.

OK, this seems to be all sorted out now - sorry for any inconvenience :frowning:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.