The use of the "ease" block

I don’t know the use of the “ease” block (I have read the user guide) but you know, I’m bad at English so can help me? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Here’s an example: If you connect a number block with a value of 0 to the “from” input and another number block with a value of 100 to the “to” input, it’ll activate the block for the duration you set in its settings, and within that duration it’ll send outputs that gradually increase from 0 to 100.

This could be useful for many things like animations. For example, instead of instantly destroying an object to remove it, you could gradually decrease a number from 100 to 0 with the ease block, and connect the output to an alpha block to make the object slowly disappear.

The duration is set in frames, meaning 30 frames would be 1 second, 15 frames is half a second etc.

The easing function is basically the curve in how the number should increase/decrease. You can test them out to see how they work. If you don’t want a fancy curve, you can always go for linear.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! @@

1 Like