Top-of-the-line reviews! (The Crigence Critique)

Could you halt Horizon Z because there is an infinite loop in the game and no one can find it.

1 Like

Sigh, I was actually kind of excited to play the game, too.

Sure, Iā€™ll just re-review Ace Vangaurd instead. Thanks for notifying me

1 Like

Okay now you can revew it, it is fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long has crigence been typing

1 Like

I think heā€™s reviewingā€¦ This is a very LONG review xD

@DarkStar_Studios

Honestly, everything that has changed since my original review isā€¦ Divisive, to say the least. It almost feels like a different game now, but with balancing just as horrible. But at the same time, the game still feels exactly the same to play. I think this is the only time on The Crigence Critique where ivā€™e ever had absolutely no idea what to say about a gameā€¦

+One of the things I mentioned in my original review was ā€œmain menu lazyā€. The game has since fixed this with a far more detailed (If less stylish) main menu!
+The somewhat cringe-worthy opening line ā€œIt was more than epic, it was legendaryā€ was replaced with ā€œWhat he did was legendaryā€. Writingā€™s still kind of meh, but MUCH better!
+4 brand-new classes have been added since my original review. On top of defense, attack, agility and speed, we now have stealth, combustion, renegade and deception (Which resembles moonman)
+On top of that, we also now have descriptions of each class (Which is good), but theyā€™re lazy, memeish and way too-short (Which is bad). Still consider it an overall good change, though
+Hitting a wall now causes you to recoil off it, preventing bullshit deaths due to ramming walls a little too-hard

-The game now has a tutorial (Which is good), but itā€™s buried behind a settings menu behind a class selection screen (Which is bad). The tutorial should appear if you choose to left click through the main menu (Instead of right clicking to skip the opening dialogue), no new player should even have a CHANCE of not knowing the tutorial doesnā€™t exist!
-The game STILL boots you back to the main menu! Didnā€™t I already bring up how annoying that is in my last review!?
-ā€œWith WQSD, click to fire lasersā€ But why?
-ā€œThe Martian forces surrendered and the memory of freedom died with them. Ship integrity.ā€ Way to take the piss out of that momentā€¦
ā€“Enemies can spawn almost directly on top of you, causing deaths you couldnā€™t of possibly seen coming

*The game has backstabbed its original, arcade style with a new (Admittedly sexier) one, while keeping the arcade-y practicesā€¦ Iā€™ll let you be the judge of this change

Defense: +In retrospect, especially now that shooting enemies as defense causes a chain-reaction, I can say that Defense is my favorite class. Itā€™s the only class that actually relies on skill and not W + M1 tactics likeā€¦ Literally every other class
Attack: -The closest Flowlab has ever gotten to replicating Pyro from TF2. All you do is idle, hold left click and dodge the rare laser beam. Itā€™s easy, far-too effective and boring. On top of that, thereā€™s barely any difference in playstyle to speed. Should be renamed to ā€œFlamerā€
Agility: -What have they done to youā€¦ Well, agility went from being hands-down the best and most overpowered class to absolute garbage. It fires puny projectiles that are most of the time too-lazy to actually ā€œSeekā€ enemies
Speed: -Attack, but betterā€¦
Stealth: -There is absolutely nothing stealthy about this class, itā€™s a more of a sniper than anything!
Combustion: +The only new class iā€™d say is genuinely good. It kills extremely quickly, but can VERY easily be overwhelmed due to bad positioning
Renegade: -Defense, but with burst fire, and bad range. Honestly, I think this class wouldā€™ve been so much cooler if clicking just caused a projectile to rotate around you once, it wouldā€™ve been actually unique!
Deception: --Why?

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

:eye:Visuals - 3.5 (When I said ā€œSome stuff may need to be sent back to 1995ā€, I did NOT mean the graphics)
:speaker:Sound - 3.5 (The game finally has sound and itā€™sā€¦ Meh!)
:books:Story - 3 (Seems unnecessary, but itā€™s here anyway and itā€™sā€¦ Pretty meh)
:joystick:Controls - 3 (Somehow feels better)
:anger:Difficulty - 3.5 (STILL too-floaty!)
:gear:Stability - 3.5 (A good few bugs)

Final Score: 3.5/5
1 light year forward, 2 light years back. Everything added that made the game better has a negative change to counter-act it and it prevented this game from reaching its rightful ā€˜4ā€™

3 Likes

:sob: i thought ours was next-

1 Like

I started work on the Ace Vangaurd review the minute I saw-

And didnā€™t want to start over for the Horizon Z review, so Ace Vangaurd got lucky. Sorry, iā€™ll get to your game tomorrow!

1 Like

Okay thanks, canā€™t wait for your constructive criticism and how i could make the game better. :slight_smile:

I kinda forgot weā€™re getting a review on the game, fun :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey :grimacing:, this is my fault, @Crigence, but you kind of missed some things.
If you click [space] on several ships, you get a special power up. You may see some improvements to those ships.

Just as well, this review offered excellent insight on the flaws of the game. Thanks for the interview!

1 Like

do you happen to be caden?

Yes
Click on my icon

1 Like

Ah okay, figured :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay tell me like, 10 minutes before your about to review :slight_smile:

Hey, @Crigence, when you said you didnā€™t like to be booted back to the homescreen, did you want to be put back to the character select instead?

1 Like

Is my game getting reviewed?..

Iā€™m sure it will be, be patient. crigence is probably at work/school or something.

5 Likes

I take it the like was a ā€˜yesā€™. In that case, I got it right and it doesnā€™t boot you back to the title screen.

I have another game for you to review, @Crigence: