Trello question

Hey @grazer, When is Code gonna be added and what will it be like. Would it have the same functions as the behavior but in text. Or is it python or java-script or lua.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 17.21.01

It’s on the Trello list on behavior suggestions:

Trello: flowlab

:grinning:

Hey, I don’t have a target release date for this - it’s still kind of in the nebulous planning phase. The language will almost certainly be https://haxe.org/ though. It’s very similar to Javascript, so if you are familiar with that it will be pretty simple to read & write.

@grazer, Why did you choose for Haxe? Is there a reason why?

Just curious.

@R0CK Flowlab is written in Haxe so it makes sense to use that as the programming language.

@Latif, Oh I did not know that lol.

Sorry.

@R0CK No need to say sorry for that lol

Lol.

@Latif
So Haxe is going to be used as a tool to create a programming language for game-creators to create a game with code to switch from visual coding to a certain text-based programming language, Right?

Like how godot made their own programming language from scratch called godot-script or gdscript as short.

@R0CK That’s all up to grazer, but I think it would be better to use the standard Haxe language, so basically keeping the syntax the same. That way experienced programmers don’t have to learn a new programming language, and inexperienced programmers learn a real programming language that can be used outside of flowlab.

Ye, I agree, let grazer decide or the public, Who knows.