Trouble with gravity reverse and sliding

so i used @latif 's gravity reverse example for my game, but for some reason my character slides around when on the ceiling. can anyone figure out why it’s doing that?

Capsule shapes only have friction on the bottom of the shape so that they don’t stick against walls or ceilings.

You could switch to a Rectangle shape, which has the same friction on all sides, or you could try rotating the whole object instead of flipping the sprite, so that the “bottom” of the Capsule shape points up against the ceiling.

Also, I really like the look so far.

thanks, the look was kind of what I was going for with this game. I’m working really hard too make the game look unique.

the only reason I did capsule was so that the player wouldn’t stick to walls.

Yeah, the Capsule is good for not sticking to walls or ceilings. Unfortunately, in this case you actually want to stick to the ceiling. Rotating the Capsule 180 degrees should fix it though, I think.

@grazer hmmm it seems to still be doing it. and it’s being more wierd.

update: he doesn’t slide anymore. I jsut set x velocity to 0 when you’re not pressing anything. he isn’t flipping now though, and the gravity is being really wierd.

@grazer the gravity is acting extremely wierd now I don’t know what changed

Try tweaking the density

density didn’t seem to change anything, but just figured out it was that the gravity was too low, jump force was too high, and i had a second jump behavior. almost everything is working smoothly now. (: