Update: New Physics Engine

Thanks for staying up late and helping to track these down, Mhx! This should be enough info for me to figure it out for sure.

Ok, so the crash should be fixed now, thanks for that example.

Both of the fuzzy objects are showing off-center collision shapes when using generated polygons. This is probably due to the difference in the way the alignment is calculated (using the object’s bounding box, which is any visible pixel) and the way the polygons are generated (only using visible pixels above a certain alpha threshold). This is probably something I can work out a fix for, but in the meantime it should be simple to work around this by using a sprite with a clean edge and the size you want, and playing an animation that has the fuzzy-edged visuals you want.

Either way, thanks for pointing this out and providing these clear examples - it really helps.

My game needs different objects to have different drags… What should I do?

Hey @TheWilderLord - maybe post a link, and hopefully I can help work something out or at least offer suggestions.

explain Grazer

Explain Plz

Also @grazer Can you change my account name to “TheForgotten”?

@grazer will there be a universal drag settning? I realy need one.

@grazer good news. I was able to recreate and record a bug I tried to explain a few months ago.

Basically, if you move an object away from it’s original position, and scroll that original position off screen, the object disappears as if it thinks it is still over there. Watch.

@CrimsonBlackGames @Battery @VikingOfSweden - I’ve added a global drag (in game settings panel) with the latest update.

@Bestotted_Puppy - I’ve changed your name as requested, you may need to log out of the forum and log back in through the main site to get it to change here. Regarding the NOR block, I can’t reproduce the behavior that the screenshot is implying. The links between blocks stay lit up for a couple of seconds once they initially trigger (otherwise they would flash so quickly you couldn’t see them), so it looks like that shot is taken while the input is activated but the output hasn’t yet turned off. Make sure that the “only trigger once” setting is turned off in your proximity block if you want it to trigger continually. I think that’s the behavior you’re looking for.

@“Mhx Ar” - thanks for that screenshot. I had to watch it several times to understand what was going on, but I think I understand the issue now. I added a Trello card here: https://trello.com/c/BaAhbUWW/50-objects-that-get-pushed-around-arent-updating-their-scene-graph-node - let me know if you want an invite to that board.

Hey,
Thanks for the update again!
Raycast still doesn’t work on the capsule.

Screenshot @grazer Here is the screenshot of the only trigger once off. If you wanna see this happen here is a link to my game -> http://flowlab.io/game/play/1033540. This screenshot is from the object called “fireball”. Found a way around this…

Hey @TheForgotten - thanks for the update, that’s really weird. I’ll take a look inside your game object to see if I can figure out what’s going on.

@grazer I’ve been working with a couple of objects that will have interesting behaviors in this game and I’m currently working on TNT its super hard to get it to work right with other TNT. They can easily effect blocks in the radius of other TNT. I’ve never made a object using these behaviors. basically I’m asking what can you do to effect a radius of different blocks? Also next update you should add a new behavior that output game information like FPS and number of outputs just so people can see how well their game is preforming so they can work on fixing their game if they are getting sudden lag spikes. (I have been on flowlab more really liking how the game has improved)

wut @grazer This could be a visual bug it shows like this but acts normal. Tho in some situations like before it acts up. very weird