Update: New Renderer, bug fixes

I can see the issue on Mac - looks like the Once trigger isn’t firing? I dunno, but I’ll get it fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Hey @CrimsonBlackGames - the issue with the SB3 menu is fixed. I just restarted the Mac build, but the others will need to be re-exported to get the fix.

@grazer I exported it to windows, and it appears to initially act like it does on mobile, before crashing, however it manages to load with some lag following it. I feel like the games loading process is messed up. Any ideas to fix it?

@grazer did you ever figure out the bug with SB3s animation problem?

@CrimsonBlackGames - I fixed the issues I saw with SB3. If you see any others, please point them out.

Hey @Bdarty - I downloaded your windows game, and player through level 1 and part of level 2. I couldn’t get it to crash, so you have to do something special to trigger that?

I see what you mean about the loading - the difference is that on exported builds it appears that the objects are displayed as soon as they are loaded, instead just a blank screen like in the browser during level load. I’ll look into making these behave more similarly.

P.S. your game plays really well, and looks good - nice work :slight_smile:

@grazer you didnt take care of it. This bug exists on things that are spawned or emitted 1B2952BA-A171-443F-9935-08161748AA6B

Sorry @CrimsonBlackGames - What’s wrong in that screen shot?

@grazer animations arent successfully firing out of their Done output.

When the string of animations finish, the cannons are supposed fly back to the left and despawn. This does not happen- the cannons simply sit there, because the chargeup animation plays, but the firing animation does not.

This also breaks the behavior of some of the bosses.

Hey @grazer just a quick question, if at some point, I finish my project to release on mobile, would you be able to create an automatic aspect ratio scaler for it?

Done output of animations are sometimes not working for me as well. It broke lots of games.

@CrimsonBlackGames & @Latif - the animation done output should be working again. I verified that the cannons in SB3 Dodge mode appear to be working as expected.

@PixelStudios - Yeah I can put better scaling modes on my list. I would like to provide a few options on the build select screen.

@grazer another thing, when loading a level, theres that white screen. Really hurts my eyes especially on SB3 where everything is dark. Sorry for keeping you busy :confused:

@grazer Oh no, I meant that the windows version at first displays a screen similar to what is displays on mobile right before it crashed, on mobile though. However on the windows version it doesn’t crash after showing the screen.

To be specific: the screen shows an incomplete title screen being loaded.

Oh and thanks for the compliment! I really focus on making the game-play smooth.

@CrimsonBlackGames - you mean this bug?:

@grazer when playing SB3/2 when something happens that would prevent you from shooting (like dying) you wont always be able to shoot in a certain direction again once your gun comes back.

I added a Trello card for it just now: https://trello.com/b/AFT6XXzR/flowlab-bug-reports-and-feature-requests

@grazer That shooting bug in SB:NW/SB2/and SB3 is still here. All 3 are broken.

When you get the chance, see if you can help me out…

Thanks m8. Means a lot.

Ever since you fixed that animation bug, the game is working like butter on the windows export. PixelStudios and I both played the max and he REALLY enjoyed it, almost as much as I did.

Great job with the new renderer! It works super well and I cant wait for more export options if you can do that. I would LOVE to use my raspberry pi and run SB3 on my TV…

Now that I think about it, I have a new idea for controller support. Ill email you more on that if youd like, @grazer.

Hey @CrimsonBlackGames - I’m glad the games are running more smoothly. The next big step towards ditching Flash is replacing the physics engine, which I’m working on now.

Once Flash is behind us, I can work towards adding controller support. I’m not sure how much effort that will be, but it definitely doesn’t make sense to work on Flash controller support, since we won’t be using it for more than another month or two hopefully.

I know we have discussed controller support lots of times in the past, and @“Mhx Ar” in particular has been needing that for a long time. Feel free to create a controller support thread with any thoughts you have, and after we discuss it I can collect the info into a Trello card so it doesn’t get lost.

I could see plenty of uses for toggle stick and trigger button sensitivity, like walking slow, walking normal speed, and running, as well as if you are using controllers with trigger sensitivity, like GameCube controllers, similar concept, Smash Bros used it for how strong The Shield was that you were using. Very lightly holding it was a very light clear Shield, holding it all the way was a dark Shield that ran out fast, and tapping it hard and fast was a reflection Shield. These would definitely be useful if you decided to do special inputs instead of only keyboard keys.