Hi, this is just me posting some really needed features that I need in order to make a quite good experience.
They are in order of importance (The ones I really need urgent are the first ones).
- Adaptive Fullscreen with “black bars” (if needed) for Windows Exported versions.
- Windowed fullscreen for Online versions.
- Pause sound
- Resume Sound, where it was paused.
- (Out) Exact seconds of playtime.
/this would be useful to create various versions of the same track and have them play and switch between each other smoothly
- Play at specific seconds (number)
- Camera zoom in and out
/this effect is barely possible with +100% scale behavior update, BUT having a real camera zoom would open a giant gate to future flowlab games and mechanics.
- Blending modes for objects, like in Photoshop or really any other drawing software (Lighten, Darken, Multiply, Color Burn, etc.)
/It’s not urgent but would be able to make some really cool effects.
I will be adding these to the trello board
I think a few additions in the sprite editor would be really useful too
@“JR 01” Check out Aseprite editor or piskel (online software). Both are reaaaally good.
You should get attention of @grazer .
Oh thanks @PixelPizza, everything I made as of now is from the Flowlab sprite editor.
These are all great suggestions, thanks! Also thanks for adding them to Trello so they don’t get lost
Another feature I recently thought that would be great is to control the hitbox size seperate from the sprite size. It would be great for a collision not to count just for clipping an object or enemy.
You could make a fake hitbox.
Make a smaller or bigger invisible but with collisions turned on.
And make the hitbox follow the main object.
Yeah @PixelPizza, that’s like what I have for a scoring hitbox for jumping over the enemy.
That’s probably what I will be doing, I just thought it would be a cool and easy to use feature for being able to edit the x and y raidus of the rectangle and circle hitboxes.
Could there be a toggle to
- see the output of the object selected specifically
- see what all the cloned object are outputting (like it does now)
in the objects behavior?
A toggle to see the interface layer would be great too
Adding a mask in the interface layer makes it hard to see anything in the other layers
make it easier to make an FPS
and an fps counter