What is wrong with my sound?

It wont keep the music on restarts and between levels?

could u look at it and tell me why?

Link to the game? I’m still noobish here, but I had the same issues early on and figured out what I was doing wrong. I may be able to help if I can see your edits.

If you don’t know how to share your game - go to “My Games” on Flowlab, click on “Copy Share URL” for the game, and paste it here with Ctrl+V :slightly_smiling_face:

Or maybe it will just be easier to show you how I’ve gotten mine to work. I like to use different music for each level, so I will select a block that is unique to that level and that level only, and give it the following behaviors:

ADDITIONAL EDIT: If you’re trying to use the same music in every level, you will need to make sure to attach your sound file to a block that is used in every level - otherwise you will need to manually add it to each one.

Sounds don’t carry over through levels and restarts

I dedicate one block on each level for background music. The music restarts every time I die / level restart.

That might be because I intentionally put a different music block in every level.

As for sound effects, I have them tied to the actual items, so that when I import an item from level 1 to level 2, it still has the same sound effects.

I’m saying that it’s not possible to have one sound play throughout multiple levels, it’ll always stop and start over every time the game is restarted or the level is changed

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s why it’s better to ease out your sound at the end of a level, then ease it back at the start.