Why doesnt this work?

why doesnt this code work? (by the way this is a remake of the code that is there, because the game im making is a secret) basically new type 14 follows new type 10, and is slightly faster, which means it is inside new type 10 a lot. basically both new type 10 and 14 should be destroyed by this interaction, right? because when i test this neither get destroyed, and im really confused.

1 Like

not sure… maybe it has something to do with that tag behavior? is that unnecessary?

i dont know, i think so…

lemme try without it

nevermind, its the fact that it is inside and it doesnt have a collision for inside of the object, so its not registering

Also, new type 10 collision is going into a number behavior of 0, and 0 will never equal 5

1 Like

its supposed to be -5 whoops (its set that way for the actual thing)

1 Like

0 will still not equal -5

2 Likes

are you stoopy? every time it collides it gets -1. it starts at 0 so when it collides 5 times its -5, which triggers the filter

1 Like

you would have to hook it into the + input for it to count up

1 Like

op nevermind I didn’t see the thing

1 Like

I think you need to look again. The Collision with New Type 14 has -1, but the one with New Type 10 only has the “Get” input into a Number with 0. 0 will NEVER equal 5. This is the top section of the code.

Also here’s a more efficient way to do that code. You almost managed to do this with the top one, just need to link up the output from the Collision to the “+” input

You’re welcome.

Also, also, you should name ALL your objects instead of having them labeled New Type.
You’re double welcome.

– From a (supposedly) stoopy Alpaca

3 Likes

oh im sorry i thought you were looking at the other one. as i said, this is a re-creation of the code because the game is a secret and if i put the actual code in it would be a little obvious. (this explains the “new type” thing, the actual objects are labeled) it was supposed to have been put into both the “+” pin and the “get” pin but my stoopy self didnt do that. it is like that in the actual code
small misunderstanding, sorry for calling you stoopy

2 Likes

np, small thing though, you don’t need to have it go into the “Get” input because “+” will automatically output.

2 Likes

um i thought it didnt, because it didnt do that when i first came on flowlab and tested the code stuff out

It’s been like this since I came here (Dec), you’re doing it with the Object Value. (Btw it also works this way for Globals)

1 Like

huh.

can you tell me when i joined? it doesnt say for me. (im saying this because i have no clue when i joined)

It says you joined the forums Jan 12

1 Like

2021? cause that sounds about right