Wilder's Creation - Updates and Announcements

Just wanted to present a little project I’ve been working on called Project Spooky Game (I haven’t got a title for it yet). This is a little thing I worked on during October and am still working on today.

The main gimmick is that you can use the ghosts you collect to attack by clicking in the red circle around the player (similar to star bits in Super Mario Galaxy). This demo let’s you play through the first 3 stages and the first boss.

I would love some feedback on it! I’m really proud of what I have so far so I hope you enjoy!

Game Link:

7 Likes

Hey @Greggo - great work so far, I wish this one was around on Halloween :slight_smile:

I don’t really have anything to complain about - I really like the main player sprite, he has a lot of character. The graphics are simple and clean, and I like the way the game looks overall. Everything worked well, and I didn’t find any obvious bugs.

2 Likes

Oh! Fantastic game! Really fun character sprites and environment. :smiley:
Also, love the falling chandeliers!
Maybe add a tutorial?

1 Like

That means a lot! The chandeliers were honestly not too difficult to code but they look so good so maybe a tutorial is a good idea. Glad you love the game so far!

2 Likes

This is really a simple fun platformer, great work!

1 Like

Hey all! So I’ve been hard at work on the game and I feel ready enough to say I’m shooting for a January 2021 deadline so expect the full game to be ready then. It’s not gonna be a long game by any means but I think you’ll find it a fun and interesting time nonetheless.

Here are some screenshots from some of the levels (unfinished of course)…

The game will have 4 different worlds and an original soundtrack composed by yours truly. Hope you look forward to it!

3 Likes

those screenshots look great!

1 Like

Here’s a peek at some enemies you’ll be seeing during your escape…

3 Likes

Hey all! Merry Christmas!

I feel very confident in announcing that January 16th, 2021 is the official release date of the game. The game is looking so good (at least in my opinion) and I really can’t wait for you guys to try it! Also, the game now has an official name: Wilder’s Creation.

It’s gonna be great, gang!

2 Likes

Here’s a (slightly blurry) look at the opening of the game…

20201229_172639

6 Likes

Oh, that looks nice!

2 Likes

The art style is great, @Greggo!

2 Likes

Noice (20 characters)

1 Like

Here’s the official logo for the game (although it may be tweaked a bit by the release of the game)

Don’t mind the little white bit in the logo lol

2 Likes

I’m afraid, all I see is the little white dot in the logo :eye: :eye:

But honestly, the style for the game is looking great! Also great use of a color pallet:)

2 Likes

Happy New Year, gang!

To celebrate the new year here’s some concept art for Wilder’s Creation!

It’s a little sketch of the villain Dr.Wilder and the protagonist. Here’s to a good year!

2 Likes

Hey it’s me, lol.

Anyway your pretty good at drawing, I’m not very good at drawing more cartoony looking characters, mainly cubical robots.

1 Like

Thanks @ManiacPumpkin! I’m pretty proud of the designs for these two. I actually based Dr.Wilder’s look off of Gene Wilder’s character from a movie called Young Frankenstein (hence the name).

1 Like

Great Game! It reminds me of a old Sega game called Decap Attack with its horror themed platforming I couldn’t stop playing it keep up thy great work!

1 Like

@DarkfireAnimates Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it so much! The full game is gonna come out on January 16th so I hope you look forward to that. Also I totally see what you mean with the Decap Attack vibes :joy:

3 Likes